First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Naval Flight Officer
Hey guys I just put my soft top on for the first time and it is rattling on the front driver side. It is driving my nuts any ideas on what I need to do/tighten? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
Hey guys I just put my soft top on for the first time and it is rattling on the front driver side. It is driving my nuts any ideas on what I need to do/tighten? Thanks in advance!
It could be caused by a number of things. OEM top or after market? Constant or more prevalent when driving over bumps? Related to speed? Does the fabric feel taught over the ribs?

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
i have a soft top and over certain bumps the top will rattle. I believe it is the frame of the top /wheels that slide in the track that sometimes rattle by hitting the track. I wonder if we took the track off and did a super thin bead of silicon inside the channel if it would stop it. I may try that, i havent had mine completely apart yet this year but when I do I may try that see if it helps.

tma777

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I had a rattle with mine a few years ago when I installed it, turned out to be the rear window frame rail, the guide pins on the bottom are smaller than the holes they go in to on the tub of the jeep. I found it by opening the back door and grabbing the lower part of the window frame and moving it. I added a couple of o-rings to the holes and problem solved. The wheels in the track do rattle but not as much as the window frame rail was on mine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Naval Flight Officer
It is a factory premium soft top. And it is definitely prevalent on bumpy roads not so much on smooth surfaces. The fabric is taught over the ribs and it is not speed related.

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
It is a factory premium soft top. And it is definitely prevalent on bumpy roads not so much on smooth surfaces. The fabric is taught over the ribs and it is not speed related.
same as mine then, maybe try something to line the track so its not as bad.

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
The fabric on my premium top slaps against one of the ribs when I go over bumps. If I put my fingers in the space between the rib and fabric, the noise goes away instantly. That’s why I asked if it was a metal on metal sound vs what mine sounds like, which is more of a slapping or flapping noise.

BEACHED WHALE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
MIne is ridiculous. I just got her. I opened her up to 70 mph, opened the front windows and it was vibrating like crazy the passenger latch came undone. My jku, although not as user friendly, was silent. I did bring that in for a fix the first week also due to leaking water. WRANGLERS!!!!
Sponsored