Big price increases??

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
That is why my wife and I pulled the trigger on getting our Jeep in March. We wanted a base model and we could see the writing on the wall. Base models are getting harder to come by because everybody wants fancier trim levels and packages. A fancy tricked out JLUR can MSRP for double what we paid for our Jeep (albeit with probably more discounts), why would FCA/Stellantis want to waste electrical components building my model when the revenue is so much better on a JLUR?
Sponsored

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Criswell told me something similar - If I didn't place my order on Friday, I wouldn't get the deal due to the price increases. Did not tell me what the increase was, or what for.
Leon claims max discount of 3% under invoice as of today.
1% for AR
+2% for "conventional financing/leasing" which isn't conventional because they mark up base rate.

BeeLDub

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2019 Cherokee Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Leon claims max discount of 3% under invoice as of today.
1% for AR
+2% for "conventional financing/leasing" which isn't conventional because they mark up base rate.
Ash just told me MSRP on everything on the lot.

Invoice for forum members. -1% for financing, and -1% for affiliate.

Pretty similar story!

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Take their discount for allowing them to finance. After tour first payment, go to your local credit union/bank and refinance at the lowest rate you qualify for.

When inflation starts, and it has in all sectors of the economy, higher interest rates will follow.

The current price of vehicles, housing and big ticket items can’t be sustained if interest rates rise, even to what was once considered traditional which is the 6-7% range.

If you need a new vehicle, now is the time to get it. If not, make some popcorn, sit back and watch. The show is just beginning.

BeeLDub

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2019 Cherokee Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Take their discount for allowing them to finance. After tour first payment, go to your local credit union/bank and refinance at the lowest rate you qualify for.

When inflation starts, and it has in all sectors of the economy, higher interest rates will follow.

The current price of vehicles, housing and big ticket items can’t be sustained if interest rates rise, even to what was once considered traditional which is the 6-7% range.

If you need a new vehicle, now is the time to get it. If not, make some popcorn, sit back and watch. The show is just beginning.
need to make 3 payments to avoid penalty. Otherwise, agreed.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Everything is increasing. I ordered my camper trailer 2 months ago, I would have saved $1000 if ordered last year. They callede yesterday and told me they were going to increase prices in accesories telling me to finalize any changes to the trailer now to save money.

My house I bought in jan 2020 is all of the sudden over 1.1 million dollars, increased more than 20%.

My 2019 Jeep is worth more than I paid for.

My salary did not reflect this huge inflation tho. Time for a new job?

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Most folks know that cleanrooms or clean processing units of one kind or another are essential to the fabrication of the chips and other parts in those electronic components. But, many folks might not know the mechanical systems that keep those cleanrooms and clean processing units "clean" have to run constantly, 24 hours a day, and that quickly gets extremely expensive, which is why many such foundries have to try to run 24 hours a day to be profitable.

When something like a pandemic is allowed to get out of control and hit their workforce, the costs associated with keeping a section of the foundry running can quickly overwhelm them. Unfortunately, getting even a large feature size foundry running and "clean" enough for high yield production is a lengthy, elaborate, and very costly process and you have to go through the whole process again if the power is cut for even a short period.

So, if any chip foundries or even just foundry units supplying these electronic components were forced to shutdown due to the pandemic, it may be a long time, if ever, before they are brought back up. And, if they are brought back up, it will be costly and we, the ultimate customers, will be reimbursing their losses and higher operating costs through higher vehicle prices. Welcome to the real world.

Don't forget it takes about six months to actually make a chip. Even if they slowed the process down to keep the factory running, that means six months to get everything back up to speed. This along with that surging demand.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Curious if people saw a price increase on the rest of the JL line. Someone on the 4xe thread noted a $2K increase today.

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
this price increase shouldn’t apply to to a JL that’s ordered for us and in the process of being built, right?

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

this price increase shouldn’t apply to to a JL that’s ordered for us and in the process of being built, right?
thats what im wondering. if you order now and when it arrives they say, oh, the price has gone up. you dont officially make the transaction until the vehicle is ready to be delivered to the customer right? either party can still back out.

Thegrants82

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
So my local dealer texted me yesterday. I had been interested in buying a Renegade as a grocery getter. He told me that tomorrow, ALL Jeeps currently on dealer lots will only be sold at sticker price. no discounts. Anything that isn’t on the lot is getting a $2000 price increase.

This dealer hasn’t lied to me before and I know the chip shortage is about to make things complicated but that story is kinda hard to swallow at this point. So I’m curious if other dealers have heard the same thing or reported it to other potential buyers.
Thats like a 25% price increase for a Renegade….

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
That's what I'm wondering. If you order now and when it arrives they say, oh, the price has gone up, you don't officially make the transaction until the vehicle is ready to be delivered to the customer right? Either party can still back out.
You can always back out. There are plenty of buyers right now.

If there has been a VIN generated already, the window sticker may also be generated. That's what the price will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.