Snail Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018, 2019, 2020
Occupation
Former Gearhead, Beach Vball Coach
https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/sbnf/conditions/?cid=FSEPRD538928

Summery: 2023 Big Bear trails are closed from March through or till end of June or otherwise updated reopening.
Suggested reason: Too many rescues on snow affected Big Bear area trails. The rangers posted the fines for those "trail breakers" especially for those needing rescuing.

Lucern Valley has plenty of options for those in that area similar.

Who has some alternative trails they might share?
Happy Wheeling (for proper wheeler's)
Sponsored

JINO

First Name
Jino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
I live near big bear and it sucks that the trails are closed at this time, it's such good weather. By the time everything opens, it's going to be really hot.

For now, I'm planning on some desert trails. Going to anza borrego to camp tomorrow.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I live near big bear and it sucks that the trails are closed at this time, it's such good weather. By the time everything opens, it's going to be really hot.

For now, I'm planning on some desert trails. Going to anza borrego to camp tomorrow.
Trails are starting to open. Looks like Holcomb and John bull opened back up. We are doing a run up the 27th to Gold mountain

JINO

First Name
Jino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
Trails are starting to open. Looks like Holcomb and John bull opened back up. We are doing a run up the 27th to Gold mountain
I did Holcomb by accident, holy crap it's rutted out. I have a metalcloak lift and 37s and was having difficulty lol

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

I did Holcomb by accident, holy crap it's rutted out. I have a metalcloak lift and 37s and was having difficulty lol
Yea that’s why most of those trails where closed to help with erosion. I really want to get those badges so bad

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
How can these trails be closed. On the Jeep Badge of Honor app, there has already been about 15 people that have run the three badge trails. LOL.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

How can these trails be closed. On the Jeep Badge of Honor app, there has already been about 15 people that have run the three badge trails. LOL.
they just recently reopened. they where closed by the forest services for about two months with a planned opening of June 1 depending on more snow and rain weather. The fire roads to get to the BOH trails and the harder trails where getting rutted to much which causes issues with CAL fire trucks being able to get back there. With the way California likes to give money way to useless crap they say they cant afford to grade the fire roads for the fire trucks. a few spots had some good deep 2-3' ruts when i was up there in Jan. before they closed the roads

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Trail Militia posted a review video of Gold Mountain a couple days ago and just dropped one for John Bull:

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Trail Militia posted a review video of Gold Mountain a couple days ago and just dropped one for John Bull:

I'm getting anxiety from how close he stands to the front of the Broncos when filming. One extra push on the gas and he's toast. Yikes.

Nice to see the trails though.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

so john bull is looking to be the easier of the two hard trials. Seems like holcomb center rock garden has gotten more difficult with erosion. Sounds like a good time to me !
Sponsored