Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Hi all,

So I am going with a group to Big Bear in 2 weeks or so. We are looking for a challenge, a trail for Jeeps. A lot of the Jeeps are well built, a gladiator Rubicon on 37s, JKU rubi on 35s, a JLU rubi on 37s etc... some of us have winches too. My JL is not that built, it is on a sport with rear LSD on a rubi suspension a 33 falken M/Ts, winch. Then there is a bone stock willys JL. Any tips on trails we could do? I want to tackle gold mountain, but I am afraid me or the willys will have some trouble and need winching. I don't wanna be "that guy" causing a bottleneck on the most popular trail in big bear...
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
You can do gold mountain, theres only one really tough spot its dug out pretty deep, i wasnt using my lockers but it took me a hot sec to get up it. You might high side on it but could get pulled up. But then you might not depending on the line. Its a fun easy trail you guys could do it

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
You can do gold mountain, theres only one really tough spot its dug out pretty deep, i wasnt using my lockers but it took me a hot sec to get up it. You might high side on it but could get pulled up. But then you might not depending on the line. Its a fun easy trail you guys could do it
we will give it a try then. I've heard mixed things about it. Some say it is fun and challenging, some say it is really difficult. I guess with all the built Jeeps and recovery gear we should be ok.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
If im free ill join 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Hi all,

So I am going with a group to Big Bear in 2 weeks or so. We are looking for a challenge, a trail for Jeeps. A lot of the Jeeps are well built, a gladiator Rubicon on 37s, JKU rubi on 35s, a JLU rubi on 37s etc... some of us have winches too. My JL is not that built, it is on a sport with rear LSD on a rubi suspension a 33 falken M/Ts, winch. Then there is a bone stock willys JL. Any tips on trails we could do? I want to tackle gold mountain, but I am afraid me or the willys will have some trouble and need winching. I don't wanna be "that guy" causing a bottleneck on the most popular trail in big bear...
Holcomb Valley trail is scenic.

You can stop by the Discovery Center and the rangers will provide you with a free map with trails listed

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holcomb Valley trail is scenic.

You can stop by the Discovery Center and the rangers will provide you with a free map with trails listed
holcomb valley is nice. Ive done it too many times. it is too easy, we are looking for something more challenging.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
holcomb valley is nice. Ive done it too many times. it is too easy, we are looking for something more challenging.
Definitely Gold Mountain then. If you know how to pick your line and have a spotter and take it easy, you should be good. John Bull is out for you I would think.

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Definitely Gold Mountain then. If you know how to pick your line and have a spotter and take it easy, you should be good. John Bull is out for you I would think.
Yeah I agree. John Bull would be a stretch. We will do Gold Mountain and I'll have the winch ready just in case. Probably getting a front locker soon, but will be open for this particular trip.

Sponsored

SDhobbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I just did Gold Mountain and Little John Bull a couple weekends ago, we had mild to wild builds in our group. The most built up JL on 40's slashed a sidewall on sharp tree stump sticking out, we had to stop for a tire change. One gal was running a JL Diesel Sport, mild lift 35's but no lockers, only obstacle she couldn't do was the new gate keeper.

Bumps Ahead

First Name
Valerie & Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ontherocks4x4.org
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Happy Wife, Happy Life....
Vehicle Showcase

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Huh never done those, i gotta do that run
They are good trails and very scenic. Also consider Horse Thief Canyon and Tip Top Mountain. They are on the way to HeartBreack/Pontiac and based on the Jeeps and build types you would enjoy all of them. None are as technical as John Bull but can be challenging in their own right depending on driver’s skill level.

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
They are good trails and very scenic. Also consider Horse Thief Canyon and Tip Top Mountain. They are on the way to HeartBreack/Pontiac and based on the Jeeps and build types you would enjoy all of them. None are as technical as John Bull but can be challenging in their own right depending on driver’s skill level.
thanks! will definitely try those.
Sponsored