Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
just at the trail entrance I guess, right before the new gatekeeper. Not sure if that would create any backlogs, never been there. We could meet on the paved road right before the dirtroad, might be better.
Trail heads better, theres no room on the road. Its literally right off the road
Sponsored

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
man if i wasnt moving this weekend id be all over this. at least ill be living a lot closer to that area soon. hopefully next time. have fun!
Lets plan another trip there. I want to do Holcomb creek and eventually john bull too.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

just at the trail entrance I guess, right before the new gatekeeper. Not sure if that would create any backlogs, never been there. We could meet on the paved road right before the dirtroad, might be better.
plenty of room for about 15 suv's up at the start just make sure to pull off the right right before the new gate keeper. i wouldn't recommend waiting on the pavement that areas really tight on the two way road. just my 2 cents. cant wait to meet y'all sunday

WetDreemz20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - white
I just did Gold Mountain and Little John Bull a couple weekends ago, we had mild to wild builds in our group. The most built up JL on 40's slashed a sidewall on sharp tree stump sticking out, we had to stop for a tire change. One gal was running a JL Diesel Sport, mild lift 35's but no lockers, only obstacle she couldn't do was the new gate keeper.

Nice video!

VS1VS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Have fun at Gold Mountain! Wish I could go back so soon. My first time out there was a couple weeks ago. My wife and I did it with my Jeep and 3 other passengers that have never off roaded before. I had to teach one of the passengers how to spot on sight. Nothing really technical besides a couple waterfalls. You guys will do it easily! Have fun.. Working on finishing up my video and I'll post it here hopefully by tomorrow.

Sponsored

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
I will be up in Big Bear the same day running a few other trails to test out a new suspension. I hope we cross paths as I was planning on running Gold Mountain from the 3N16 side.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

I will be up in Big Bear the same day running a few other trails to test out a new suspension. I hope we cross paths as I was planning on running Gold Mountain from the 3N16 side.
Hopefully we will run into you!

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I am new to gaia. when I clicl on the link it just opens the empty map. Am I missing something?
I also am clueless with gaia, and when I clicked and it opened my app it just showed a location on the map.
I had to open as a web page, sign in there, then it showed and i figured out how to download it someway.

I was using my phone, not a computer.
Wish gaia was a little easier to use!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

I also am clueless with gaia, and when I clicked and it opened my app it just showed a location on the map.
I had to open as a web page, sign in there, then it showed and i figured out how to download it someway.

I was using my phone, not a computer.
Wish gaia was a little easier to use!
Just takes a little getting used to but once you get the hang of it, it’s amazing

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
We finished the trail. Had a lot of fun. Pretty good challenge for my rig and the willys. There are 4 main obstacles. New gatekeeper, old gatekeeper(1st waterfal), 2nd waterfall, and then a 4th climb.

I think the hardest for my build was the 2nd waterfall, and the last climb. New gatekeeper was a bit rough too. The first waterfall I just went for it without a spotter.

Scraped rock sliders and pretty much every stock skid plate and front diff skid. Got a scratch and a tiny dent on my exhaust pipe right in front of the skid crossmember.

Rear LSD worked just fine. Took our time, picked the right lines and with good spotting we got through.

Thanks to @Moto_21 and @Maverick909 for great spotting.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
We finished the trail. Had a lot of fun. Pretty good challenge for my rig and the willys. There are 4 main obstacles. New gatekeeper, old gatekeeper(1st waterfal), 2nd waterfall, and then a 4th climb.

I think the hardest for my build was the 2nd waterfall, and the last climb. New gatekeeper was a bit rough too.

Scraped rock sliders and pretty much every stock skid plate and front diff skid. Got a scratch and a tiny dent on my exhaust pipe right in front of the skid crossmember.

Rear LSD worked just fine. Took our time, picked the right lines and with good spotting we got through.

Thanks to @Moto_21 and @Maverick909 for great spotting.
You did good! So did the stock willys, you guys went for it! goes to show you dont need fancy lifts and big ass tires, i got stuck on a spot and you made it up just fine! Lol. was a good time though, good to meet you guys. Thanks @Maverick909 for the rope tug 😂

timannnn6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Can anyone recommend a couple of easy (overloading) trails up with an overnight camping spot? My wife and I are new to the area and would like to take the new Jeep up and do an overnight. Just some nice scenery up the mountain with a camp spot for 1 night.

Thanks,

VS1VS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Can anyone recommend a couple of easy (overloading) trails up with an overnight camping spot? My wife and I are new to the area and would like to take the new Jeep up and do an overnight. Just some nice scenery up the mountain with a camp spot for 1 night.

Thanks,
I haven't done too much in big bear, but last time I went we took 2N10 and that was really nice and scenic. Lots of people camping but still had your privacy. Take the road until it ends and hike down to bluff lake. Very Cool spot. There's a Champion Lodge Pine tree a short hike from the lake. Gotta check that out too!
Jeep Wrangler JL Big Bear offroading 20210717_133841-01

Jeep Wrangler JL Big Bear offroading 20210717_140859-01

Also 2N08 was really scenic. There's a spot up top that has an amazing view of the lake. I believe there's dispersed camping up there too.
Jeep Wrangler JL Big Bear offroading 20210718_153841-01

Both of these trails are really close to the center of big bear! If I knew how to upload my Gaia map I could send you the GPX file. Have fun!

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't done too much in big bear, but last time I went we took 2N10 and that was really nice and scenic. Lots of people camping but still had your privacy. Take the road until it ends and hike down to bluff lake. Very Cool spot. There's a Champion Lodge Pine tree a short hike from the lake. Gotta check that out too!

Also 2N08 was really scenic. There's a spot up top that has an amazing view of the lake. I believe there's dispersed camping up there too.

Both of these trails are really close to the center of big bear! If I knew how to upload my Gaia map I could send you the GPX file. Have fun!
All the years and times ive gone up there ive never seen that spot haha. Im gonna have to go check it out
Sponsored