Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I like the JL for the advancements but personally I'm thinking I like the looks of the JK over the JL. Maybe its like every new wrangler and it takes awhile to get use to the new look. I've yet to see a JL up close and have only seen in passing and online. Really just wondering everyone's opinion. I'm guessing this has been brought up previously but I probably missed it. What's your thoughts?
Sponsored

Drew777x

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW 340i; JLUR Billet - Coming Soon!
On the Rubicon, the JL is absolutely better looking. On the Sport or Sahara, the upgrade to JL is more subtle to me.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
JL easy. Not that the JK looks bad. hell not like the CJ looks bad. Just gets better.

The new rubi's look unreal from the factory.

Justtiffmonae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara Unlimited
Love the jl, before the announcement of its release I was looking into the smoky mountain because of the standard tougher look closer to a rubi but not that much. Couldn't do it though because of the lack in tech so when jl came out it was a win!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
To me the JL has a lot more design touches. He JK is just a box. the JL adds character to the hood, body panels, vents, grill, bumpers. Just everywhere you look there is something subtle that adds interest.

Sponsored

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Love the jl, before the announcement of its release I was looking into the smoky mountain because of the standard tougher look closer to a rubi but not that much. Couldn't do it though because of the lack in tech so when jl came out it was a win!
Agree with you; FCA reached out to so many new potential buyers by upgrading/updating their interior !
There was no way I would’ve spent that much money on a JK, while I think the JL is worth that money now !

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
JL. All the minor, careful changes worked very well. It's an extremely good looking vehicle inside and out.

The smooth execution reminds me of TJs, in a way.
Sponsored