BriKan

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
New to me 2019 Sahara,

I noticed last night while coming down a mountain highway that my high beams really aren't any better then my lows. Honestly, low beams seem good to start off with but I'd like a little better illumination on once I hit the high beams. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking for a simple solution, not blown out light bars.
thanks
Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Do you have LEDs?

OP
OP
BriKan

BriKan

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Do you have LEDs?
Honestly, no idea. I've been out of the Fix a Jeep game since 2003 so please school an old man. Do you mean just the light bulbs or the whole assembly? Jeep looks factory spec since I picked it up but I haven't the slightest idea. Would a picture help? Or some way I can easily check?

OP
OP
BriKan

BriKan

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Honestly, no idea. I've been out of the Fix a Jeep game since 2003 so please school an old man. Do you mean just the light bulbs or the whole assembly? Jeep looks factory spec since I picked it up but I haven't the slightest idea. Would a picture help? Or some way I can easily check?
I'm trying to read as many old posts as I can but there's 18,000 in this forum and it's gonna take a while for me to catch up. I just started posting simple little things that I've noticed need upgrading sooner than later and only posting to see if I can get a quicker answer from some of you that have more experience and more professional.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
Using your VIN, get a build sheet. Easy to find using Google. That’ll tell you what came on it from factory. BTW, you mentioned a light bar in the OP...can’t turn that on while driving on a highway.

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Just take a picture of your headlights...several in this board can tell you what you have. I have the LEDs....decent low beams, a little weak on high beams. I have a 10” Baja Designs light bar for off road or country road driving....not legal for the highway, but nice to have.

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
Are your lights very white, almost blue or do they have a dirty yellow tint to them? Super white is LED.

When you look at the lense do you see a little jeep grill inside or does the lense look like something from Buck Roger's space ship?

The little jeep grill has a halogen bulb behind it.

LED is the premium upgrade. You would probably know if you got them because they cost you another grand on an already overpriced suv.

It sounds like you might just need to adjust them down. It aimed too high, your high beams are just shining up in the air and not at the road. If it came with halogen lights, try just replacing the bulbs. I did and it makes a huge difference without dropping a grand for mopar upgraded lights.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
If you're looking for a simple headlight switch, take a look at our Oculus lights. These were designed with 4,800 Lumens of high-quality illumination for enhanced driver visibility, and they've gotten great reviews from many forum members.

Happy to answer any questions about this product or any others!

oculus_beam_Pattern_Wrangler_JL_ORACLE_1024x1024.jpg

A Sober Animal

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Clubs

Yeah, even if you have the LED package, you'll find that the hi-beams are sort of a joke - there isn't much difference from the low-beams. I found myself in your same situation coming back from the national forests in the upper peninsula with terrible lightning and immediately started researching my options.

If you want to keep your rig street legal, you could put in some hi-powered fog lights. The downside is that you then lose your ability to have fog lights when you need them, but if you don't think that's something you'll really need, go for it.

You could completely replace your headlights, but given the LED package is like $1k, it seems like a waste to do that. If you don't have the LED package, that's definitely the way to go.

Personally, I ended up with a couple of A-pillar cube lights that I'll add in over the holidays, knowing full well they won't be street legal to run. But when I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere in the dark, and there are deer everywhere, I'll throw those bad boys on and keep a finger by the switch to turn them off when I see oncoming traffic.

OP
OP
BriKan

BriKan

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Are your lights very white, almost blue or do they have a dirty yellow tint to them? Super white is LED.

When you look at the lense do you see a little jeep grill inside or does the lense look like something from Buck Roger's space ship?

The little jeep grill has a halogen bulb behind it.

LED is the premium upgrade. You would probably know if you got them because they cost you another grand on an already overpriced suv.

It sounds like you might just need to adjust them down. It aimed too high, your high beams are just shining up in the air and not at the road. If it came with halogen lights, try just replacing the bulbs. I did and it makes a huge difference without dropping a grand for mopar upgraded lights.
They have the Jeep grill so halogen bulb it is. The low beams are decent. There just wasn't a significant difference when I switched on the high beams. Would a newer or different halogen bulb even make a difference? I started looking at the LED 1K upgrade but is it even worth 1K? I appreciate all the answers. I'll keep researching different posts on here and decide from there. Thanks for the help!

Sponsored

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
I just replaced my halogen bulbs with some high powered LED replacements. I am happy to keep over $900 in my pocket. Yes it made a huge difference.

People will argue the brand and quality, how clean of a cutoff the light has, etc. etc. I just want to be able to see. I don't worry about what a chart says or some lab experiment proves.

Try a set of high beams in LED and see what you think. If you like them, buy the lows and fogs. If it is not good enough there are higher end options that are certainly better as posted above.

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
I just replaced my halogen bulbs with some high powered LED replacements. I am happy to keep over $900 in my pocket. Yes it made a huge difference.

People will argue the brand and quality, how clean of a cutoff the light has, etc. etc. I just want to be able to see. I don't worry about what a chart says or some lab experiment proves.

Try a set of high beams in LED and see what you think. If you like them, buy the lows and fogs. If it is not good enough there are higher end options that are certainly better as posted above.
The thing I care about most when it comes to that is "can I see" and "am I blinding others". I find the LEDs in the stock halogens let you see, but also blind others. That is why cut off matters, but if it isn't blinding others then its a good deal!

pehler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
If you're looking for a simple headlight switch, take a look at our Oculus lights. These were designed with 4,800 Lumens of high-quality illumination for enhanced driver visibility, and they've gotten great reviews from many forum members.

Happy to answer any questions about this product or any others!

Jeep Wrangler JL Better Highway Lighting oculus_beam_Pattern_Wrangler_JL_ORACLE_1024x1024
Are they compatible with Canadian JLs that have DRL?

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
The thing I care about most when it comes to that is "can I see" and "am I blinding others". I find the LEDs in the stock halogens let you see, but also blind others. That is why cut off matters, but if it isn't blinding others then its a good deal!
I put Beamtech LEDs in my JLU, and put tape on garage wall where Halogen beams hit before swapping them out. The Beamtechs cut off at the same place and are a huge improvement over the Halogens. In two months of driving with them haven't been flashed once, so I am pretty sure they aren't overly annoying anyway. For $35 it was well worth it to upgrade the stock Halogens.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Are they compatible with Canadian JLs that have DRL?
Hey Pete, I have a note that it's recommended to disable the DRL, have it go to ignition, and to use a Tazer to avoid possible hyperflash when making that change.
Sponsored