Bestop Soft Door Pics

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
Front doors came in and I test fitted them. Rears are on backorder for an undetermined amount of time.

sdoors1.jpg
sdoors2.jpg
sdoors3.jpg
sdoors4.jpg
sdoors5.jpg
sdoors6.jpg

-Eli
Sponsored

OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
How loud are they? Do they flap at speeds?
I have not driven with them yet but I fully expect the uppers to flap a little and I expect them to be just as noisy as running with no doors. They seem nice for what they are but they are still just fabric doors.

-Eli

JRod

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If they're anything like the soft doors of the JK, they get pretty loud and flap a bunch once you get over 45 mph. But I loved mine, and I can't wait to get a set for all four doors. They broke down and fit well in the cargo area (I had a tuffy trunk thing in my JK) and were easy to put on in less than five minutes in case of an unplanned rain storm. With my soft doors, I would take off my hard doors in March and only put them back on for long trips. Soft doors stayed in my cargo area and if it looked like rain or got a little too cold at night I'd throw them on.

Sponsored

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
I wonder if a heat gun could be used to shrink out the wrinkles, and reduce some of the flapping.

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
I like the idea of fabric doors, but they just (imo) don't look sharp. Why do they have to have all these wrinkles? And for that price I would expect them to be a little more substantial. But no other options, alas. My dad is an upholsterer. I may see if we can do a fabric cover for my ace doors. I'm sure he could make it look better and not flap in the wind.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
How is the fit? I had some jk ones and besides the hinges and latch they didn't touch my Jeep. Ibsemt them back because they would have been terrible rain doors.

OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
After some adjustment the seals touch all the way around. You have to put some effort in to contour them correctly.

Paul uk

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I bought some of those a few Years ago for my JK. I drove from London, England to the island of Corsica there and back with the doors and soft top. A round trip of over 3,000 miles. The noise was unbearable, I ended up going mad by buying another Jeep

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I was seriously considering the soft doors, but then I thought... I kinda just just prefer no doors lol

But rain is a serious hassle with no doors, so I think I'm gonna wait for core doors. Bestop said AT LEAST 2021 for core, but oh well. Good things come in time.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if a heat gun could be used to shrink out the wrinkles, and reduce some of the flapping.
The flapping isn't from the fabric, its the entire door frame flapping and pulling away from the Jeep at the top. I had a set on my JK and the top of the soft window frame would actually pull away from the Jeep enough to put your hand through at highway speeds. Have a look at the numerous youtube vids from JK owners and their rather ingenious solutions to the issues of soft doors. I'm not saying don't buy them, just make sure you have realistic expectations and understand what they are.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Front doors came in and I test fitted them. Rears are on backorder for an undetermined amount of time.

sdoors1.jpg
sdoors2.jpg
sdoors3.jpg
sdoors4.jpg
sdoors5.jpg
sdoors6.jpg

-Eli
Nice! They look like the exact same design as the JK version, just changed to fit the JL, which is fine by me. I just wish they were priced like the JK version.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I was seriously considering the soft doors, but then I thought... I kinda just just prefer no doors lol

But rain is a serious hassle with no doors, so I think I'm gonna wait for core doors. Bestop said AT LEAST 2021 for core, but oh well. Good things come in time.
They are great for traveling any distance from home. If not too far, I just don't worry about it. But I've taken trips where it was nice to be able to throw them on for a rain squall. I really want another set, but again, the price is just too high right now.
Sponsored