Not open for further replies.

Grapeape63368

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Who has had poor customer service from bestop? Ordered a top this past Monday. Tuesday received an email stating it was shipped. Tracking showed it would be to me Thursday. Tracking never updated. Guess what. It never shipped. Just sat at their warehouse. Called Thursday. They tell me it’s weather related. Ok understandable. Why didn’t they email me stating there was a delay as their initial email stated there would be if there are any delays. They finally shipped yesterday. Tracking showed delivery on Saturday as of last night. This morning now show’s Monday. Called them back to as they were supposed to have emailed me yesterday with solution to the issue. No email back. They are argumentative on the phone. Buyers beware.
Sponsored

JDChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
A top you ordered Monday is supposed to arrive Saturday and the world is ending? Sounds like First World Problems to me.

Bestop has a great reputation. I've bought and installed 3 tops from them over the last 5-6 years and never had an issue. It's too bad their shipping isn't as fast as Amazon, but in today's world, Amazon can't deliver everything in less than week.

OP
OP

Grapeape63368

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
A top you ordered Monday is supposed to arrive Saturday and the world is ending? Sounds like First World Problems to me.

Bestop has a great reputation. I've bought and installed 3 tops from them over the last 5-6 years and never had an issue. It's too bad their shipping isn't as fast as Amazon, but in today's world, Amazon can't deliver everything in less than week.
Actually I could have had it from Amazon already. Preferred to go to the manufacturer. I won’t see it until Monday.

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Go fuck yourself. They are rude and cannot deliver on what they said.
Oof - not sure how long you will last here LOL, especially getting mad about a product that is only taking a week to be delivered. They even told you they were having weather related issues. This isn't Amazon prime.

@Bestop you have a grumpy one here, perhaps you can help with their issue.

OP
OP

Grapeape63368

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Oof - not sure how long you will last here LOL, especially getting mad about a product that is only taking a week to be delivered. They even told you they were having weather related issues. This isn't Amazon prime.

They only stated there was a weather issue after I reached out to them. They never updated me as they state they will in their email.

Sponsored

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
In the long ago times with one of my TJs I bought a bestop bikini top I think it was. It was very used, found it at a garage sale where I got it for like $5. Had no idea what it really was or if I even wanted it but it was one of those too good of a price things. I get it home and start messing with it just to find out I'm missing some pieces, straps that went to the speaker pods I think it was. So I emailed bestop to see if I could buy them individually. I'm not one to try to take advantage, so I was up front about it being from a garage sale and that I was willing to pay for the items. Instead they just shipped them to me, no charge at all. Companies and their policies change, so maybe bestop customer service today is not what it once was, but I give bestop the benefit the doubt based on my own experience with them. I would not hesitate to buy from them today and I'm confident their customer service would meet my expectations.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Who has had poor customer service from bestop? Ordered a top this past Monday. Tuesday received an email stating it was shipped. Tracking showed it would be to me Thursday. Tracking never updated. Guess what. It never shipped. Just sat at their warehouse. Called Thursday. They tell me it’s weather related. Ok understandable. Why didn’t they email me stating there was a delay as their initial email stated there would be if there are any delays. They finally shipped yesterday. Tracking showed delivery on Saturday as of last night. This morning now show’s Monday. Called them back to as they were supposed to have emailed me yesterday with solution to the issue. No email back. They are argumentative on the phone. Buyers beware.
@Grapeape63368 You and I talked this morning via FB messenger, this is Crystal@Bestop. I know you talked to a few different reps this morning, the rep I gave your info to, left you a voicemail then followed up with an email to you just in case. I completely understand your frustration and needing to vent. I wish I had connections at FedEx so I could call and vent to them for you and ask why it took them 2 days to come pickup our shipments, however getting over a foot of snow in a 24 hour period, unexpected delays happen and that's what happened here unfortunately, Mother Nature at her best. I apologize for the inconvenience of that. If you would like to follow up with me once you receive your top, or even between now and then, I'll help however, within my means and you're welcome to vent to me! [email protected]
~Crystal@Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

@Punkn89 I'm way ahead of you, I commented on his original thread post. I wish we could make everyone happy, unfortunately we all know that can't happen all the time. Mother Nature at her best! Thank you for your support, we appreciate it!
~Crystal@Bestop

Sponsored

OP
OP

Grapeape63368

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
@Grapeape63368 You and I talked this morning via FB messenger, this is Crystal@Bestop. I know you talked to a few different reps this morning, the rep I gave your info to, left you a voicemail then followed up with an email to you just in case. I completely understand your frustration and needing to vent. I wish I had connections at FedEx so I could call and vent to them for you and ask why it took them 2 days to come pickup our shipments, however getting over a foot of snow in a 24 hour period, unexpected delays happen and that's what happened here unfortunately, Mother Nature at her best. I apologize for the inconvenience of that. If you would like to follow up with me once you receive your top, or even between now and then, I'll help however, within my means and you're welcome to vent to me! [email protected]
~Crystal@Bestop
It comes down to the poor communication you all have provided. Your initial email stated you all will update it there are delays. You didn’t. Once I called I was told I would get an email back my end of day yesterday. Didn’t.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
In the long ago times with one of my TJs I bought a bestop bikini top I think it was. It was very used, found it at a garage sale where I got it for like $5. Had no idea what it really was or if I even wanted it but it was one of those too good of a price things. I get it home and start messing with it just to find out I'm missing some pieces, straps that went to the speaker pods I think it was. So I emailed bestop to see if I could buy them individually. I'm not one to try to take advantage, so I was up front about it being from a garage sale and that I was willing to pay for the items. Instead they just shipped them to me, no charge at all. Companies and their policies change, so maybe bestop customer service today is not what it once was, but I give bestop the benefit the doubt based on my own experience with them. I would not hesitate to buy from them today and I'm confident their customer service would meet my expectations.
@MrMischief thank you!
~Crystal@Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
It comes down to the poor communication you all have provided. Your initial email stated you all will update it there are delays. You didn’t. Once I called I was told I would get an email back my end of day yesterday. Didn’t.
I understand that, technology, can't live with it, can't live without it. I can't apologize enough for what has happened, what's done is done, moving forward, we know why FedEx still has your order and I can assure you, FedEx is working diligently to get it to you. You have my email should you need anything. Thank you.
~Crystal@Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Over a foot of snow and no video of the bestop jeeps doing doughnuts in the corporate parking lot?! I feel like we've all been done wrong.
I'll have to find where the fail was on that for you!
~Crystal@Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

@JDChris thank you, I wish everyone's shipping was as fast as Amazon's too!
~Crystal@Bestop
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.