Social Media Community Coordinator

fzdan4256

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Billet Silver , 6 speed
I just installed this the other day. JCR Offroad Mid width. I still need to wire the lights and add a winch. I love it so far. And rock solid.

1nq9um+QTiSnueT%LSNciA.jpg

lzAQWG82SdWrDVhNmh3u%w.jpg

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
I went with the Rockhard aluminum mid-width. Its bolt through so I can flat tow the Jeep and its Made In USA. Great customer service and simple install.

Deezflops

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
I went with the Rockhard aluminum mid-width. Its bolt through so I can flat tow the Jeep and its Made In USA. Great customer service and simple install.
I bought the same mid rockhard bumper. I'm installing it now. Did anyone that bought this have halogen lights? It says it requires a light modification kit that is included for halogen lights. They would seem to fit without modification and I can't see anything that looks like a modification kit. The directions aren't clear - just use a kit. And there's one image that doesn't really show what's going on.

Curious if anyone that has halogen lights can help answer this for me.

FastDNA

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I bought the same mid rockhard bumper. I'm installing it now. Did anyone that bought this have halogen lights? It says it requires a light modification kit that is included for halogen lights. They would seem to fit without modification and I can't see anything that looks like a modification kit. The directions aren't clear - just use a kit. And there's one image that doesn't really show what's going on.

Curious if anyone that has halogen lights can help answer this for me.
Following, waiting for delivery. Ordered on Monday, how long did delivery take?

Sponsored

Deezflops

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
Following, waiting for delivery. Ordered on Monday, how long did delivery take?
They told me about 2.5 weeks from order to delivery, which was pretty accurate.

I went ahead and installed without any type of modification, seems to work fine. If anyone ends up doing something else for their halogen lights please let me know.

I emailed them, and it wasn't very helpful. I had told them I had the instructions, I couldn't determine what the modification kit was supposed to be, and the directions/single picture wasn't too helpful. They replied with, "here are the instructions, you should use the modification kit, there's a picture, it's pretty self explanatory." I'm guessing they would be more helpful if I pushed more, but since it installed without issue, it's OK.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
@MtCamper and @Deezflops ,

Do either of you have photos of the RockHard aluminum mid with bumpers installed in your rigs? I’m leaning heavily toward that one and would love to see as many pics of it as possible. Any rants or raves so far? Thanks!

FastDNA

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Do either of you have photos of the RockHard aluminum mid with bumpers installed in your rigs? I’m leaning heavily toward that one and would love to see as many pics of it as possible. Any rants or raves so far? Thanks!
Still waiting for delivery’s, shipped on Friday. I ran into July 4th holiday

Deezflops

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU

Here are some pictures - with bugs all over it from this weekend. I ended up liking it more in person than the pictures online. It's just what I wanted. My only complaint is the poor instructions, particularly around the halogen light kit. But definitely happy overall.

IMG_20180716_092104224_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180716_092111096.jpg

IMG_20180716_092139987_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180716_092146091_HDR.jpg

Sponsored

FastDNA

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Here are some pictures - with bugs all over it from this weekend. I ended up liking it more in person than the pictures online. It's just what I wanted. My only complaint is the poor instructions, particularly around the halogen light kit. But definitely happy overall.

IMG_20180716_092104224_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180716_092111096.jpg

IMG_20180716_092139987_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180716_092146091_HDR.jpg
Very nice, did you go steel or aluminum?

Deezflops

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
Thanks! I’ve been looking at everything that comes out but I still keep thinking that this is the one for me.
Yeah, I lucked out with liking the one that is able to be flat towed. I didn't want anything over-the-top aggressive looking.

Deezflops

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
Very nice, did you go steel or aluminum?
It's the aluminum one. I didn't weigh the original bumper, but they didn't feel very different in weight from each other.

FastDNA

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It's the aluminum one. I didn't weigh the original bumper, but they didn't feel very different in weight from each other.
Thanks, that is what I’m hoping. Will be adding a winch, so I’ll be looking to level.

FastDNA

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
They told me about 2.5 weeks from order to delivery, which was pretty accurate.

I went ahead and installed without any type of modification, seems to work fine. If anyone ends up doing something else for their halogen lights please let me know.

I emailed them, and it wasn't very helpful. I had told them I had the instructions, I couldn't determine what the modification kit was supposed to be, and the directions/single picture wasn't too helpful. They replied with, "here are the instructions, you should use the modification kit, there's a picture, it's pretty self explanatory." I'm guessing they would be more helpful if I pushed more, but since it installed without issue, it's OK.
I ordered from NorthRidge on 7/2/18, was promised 7 to 10 days. Still waiting, just received notice the are prepping to ship. Can’t stand liars. Should have just said, that it would take 4 weeks. BTW, I was told on 7/10 that they were shipping on 7/13.
Sponsored