First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon Extreme Recon Edition
Occupation
Retired
I have a 2022 JLU Rubicon Xtreme Recon edition. I took it to the dealer to install the mopar auxiliary switch bank. I took it in at 7:30 AM yesterday and they still have it today at Noon. It only took about 2.5 hours to install but when they started reprogram the computer so it would show up on the screen, the battery showed low. They called and explained that on new vehicles like mine (2000 miles) this is a common occurrence. Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I have a 2022 JLU Rubicon Xtreme Recon edition. I took it to the dealer to install the mopar auxiliary switch bank. I took it in at 7:30 AM yesterday and they still have it today at Noon. It only took about 2.5 hours to install but when they started reprogram the computer so it would show up on the screen, the battery showed low. They called and explained that on new vehicles like mine (2000 miles) this is a common occurrence. Has anyone else experienced this?
This is common, unfortunately. They should be replacing the battery for you. Did they mention what their corrective action was going to be?

When the 2018's were first introduced, the factory batteries were on a 6+ month backorder because so many new ones were failing. I'm sure they'll put a battery in it for you.

OP
OP

Unclegare

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon Extreme Recon Edition
Occupation
Retired
This is common, unfortunately. They should be replacing the battery for you. Did they mention what their corrective action was going to be?

When the 2018's were first introduced, the factory batteries were on a 6+ month backorder because so many new ones were failing. I'm sure they'll put a battery in it for you.
Yes. They said that with all the bells and whistles on a Rubicon they draw the power down even when sitting idle in a garage. Also, they did not offer to replace it with a stronger one. Jeep uses the same battery for the basic stock Jeep up through the top of line Jeeps.

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Yes. Same happened to me. They replaced it. The main battery that is shortly after buying it. The aux that went bad every year each year after was on me to replace.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Yes. They said that with all the bells and whistles on a Rubicon they draw the power down even when sitting idle in a garage. Also, they did not offer to replace it with a stronger one. Jeep uses the same battery for the basic stock Jeep up through the top of line Jeeps.
I'm pretty sure you get a better (700ah vs. 600ah?) battery with the tow package.
Sponsored