Batteries

Fitzz47

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited Sahara jl
Had both Batteries replaced under warranty. Jeep build date of 2/18. It was a demo. So warranty is good till 7/22.
so they lasted 44 months and 13,000 miles
Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Had both Batteries replaced under warranty. Jeep build date of 2/18. It was a demo. So warranty is good till 7/22.
so they lasted 44 months and 13,000 miles
That's about right for a Jeep that old with such low mileage. Old-school lead acid batteries don't fare well sitting idle for long periods with the amount of always-on devices in modern vehicles. It slowly but steadily kills the batteries.

Since you'll probably be on the hook for replacing the replacement batteries, extend their lifespan by putting a battery tender on them when the Jeep is sitting idle.

OP
OP

Fitzz47

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited Sahara jl
That's about right for a Jeep that old with such low mileage. Old-school lead acid batteries don't fare well sitting idle for long periods with the amount of always-on devices in modern vehicles. It slowly but steadily kills the batteries.

Since you'll probably be on the hook for replacing the replacement batteries, extend their lifespan by putting a battery tender on them when the Jeep is sitting idle.
I’ve been using a Noco 10 when it was sitting. It’s funny my sons jeep is a little older then mine,and he has 13,000 miles as well. He never used a tender and his sits outside all the time. His warranty is up in the spring,hope he gets new ones before it runs out.
Sponsored