Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
So I have seen all the cool/great ways to mount things up in the dash cubby. From 67designs/Rugged Ridge/BulletProof/etc...

So I decided why not make my own? I own two 3D printers and have the software.

Here is a quick pic of the design, Have printed one prototype for fit so I know it works. Once I finalize the design, just a quick mirror of the component and I have the other side as well. Simply bolt on your balls of choice and mount it to the dash and tighten whatever arms and mounts you want. Let me know your thoughts and comments. I will update this thread with progress.

Jeep JL Dash Mount Left.jpg
Sponsored

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
any progress on this? Are you going to post model or gcode?

Sponsored

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not as of yet, I am still testing the strength right now at 40% infill PLA+
Thanks, I'll be watching your progress. I really like your design.

OP
OP
JO DYRT

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
I can vouch for that mount. I have it and it's solid and well machined. It's a lot cheaper than the 67 Designs mount.
Seen it and used it, the mount for the go pro broke when assembling it not even with a go pro on it. I decided I could make my own and also make passenger side. Which I am seeing they are now making. Wonder if they did that after seeing my passenger side mount? They do use a smaller RAM style ball. Their ball is metal I believe which is tougher to get tightened than the RAM ball.

I came up with mine so you could use any ball or arm on it, and have it on both sides with out effecting dash pocket.

Sponsored

Stomper

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
I know they had been working on the passenger side mount since I got mine in August. I did have a little problem with the GoPro mount fingers being a little tight. Ryan from Bulletproof seen a pic that I had posted of my mount and reached out to me. He said I had a older version of the phone mount, and he sent me the newer one. I had told him about the GoPro mount and he sent a new one of them also. He even refunded some of my money after he found out I was a Veteran. Its refreshing to see a company to notice a something like that and make it right.

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seen it and used it, the mount for the go pro broke when assembling it not even with a go pro on it. I decided I could make my own and also make passenger side. Which I am seeing they are now making. Wonder if they did that after seeing my passenger side mount? They do use a smaller RAM style ball. Their ball is metal I believe which is tougher to get tightened than the RAM ball.

I came up with mine so you could use any ball or arm on it, and have it on both sides with out effecting dash pocket.
Are you still testing? Are you going to post the model?