thundermuffin

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
Question....only because I can't see it in your video. Did you remove the cord with the fuse attached entirely, don't see it in the video.
Good question - I honestly don't remember. Since the aux is fused, it probably doesn't matter. If I remember I'll check in the morning and let you know for sure.

Sponsored

beswack

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Good question - I honestly don't remember. Since the aux is fused, it probably doesn't matter. If I remember I'll check in the morning and let you know for sure.
Thanks for this video, I am about to attempt this on my JL with the XL80s, it looks like the harness is the same as the squadrons, my question is
1) how did you disconnect the wires from the switch (just pull it out?)

2) The switch has 3 wires attached but when you show the one you had already worked on there is only one red and one black, how do you figure out which red one to use?

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
The XL80's have a dimming feature which the squadrons do not. If you have the XL harness the switch has three wires and there is a second switch for dimming. I believe the third wire works in conjunction with the second switch for dimming but you would have to ask Baja Designs or someone with XL80's. I have squadron Pro lights and there are only two wires, a hot and a ground, in the harness. You can see the difference on the baja designs website.
Sponsored