Baja Designs Squadron Lights

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I currently have Rigid industries D-Series Midnight Series 3' cubes on Baja Design brackets. I am not impressed with the light output of the Rigid lights. I am tempted to get a pair of these Squadron Pro, https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/squadron-r-pro-led-wide-cornering-amber.asp.

Does anyone have the amber ones installed? Any photos? Reviews?

Thanks.
The guys at their store recommended using the spot light on the a pillar/hood due to glare. I guess if you pointed them more to the side it would be ok. You may want to PM or call BD.

That’s what I have and use the 7” mopar lights on the bull bar, those seem to mostly a bright flood pattern.
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Hi
The guys at their store recommended using the spot light on the a pillar/hood due to glare. I guess if you pointed them more to the side it would be ok. You may want to PM or call BD.

That’s what I have and use the 7” mopar lights on the bull bar, those seem to mostly a bright flood pattern.
I'm going with the XL Pro spot in the alpha put a glare on the hood they told me it's a little big but I think I'll be happy I have regular Cube bikes now and if I do the squadron it's not much bigger so I'm going to go ahead and do the XL Pro there a little bigger but they look pretty badass. The bumper has the lp6 or nines I can't remember I'd love to put those on the pillar the six or nine they look like Darth Vader's helmet there so cool but too expensive when it's about $800 a pair I can get the XL pros for about 599 a pair. And at 9800 lumens that's not bad

Screenshot_20190220-120548_Gallery.jpg

20190219_111538.jpg

PowerGuy

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS StingGray
And hey I don’t mind that at all! It’s just that what could have been done in two emails has taken 11, I’m not kidding. If you are that slow cover as much ground as you can in one email, it’s not that hard... All I wanted to know was what military discount they provided (which is the same freaking discount for everyone, so why make it seem like it’s different!?) I could give 2 sh$&s about the discount now, but it’s a matter of principal. And don’t make it seem like you are offering a special military discount when they are not. post more info on the site and I would have just bought the damn lights from another vendor for a lesser price.

I digress, sorry for the rant, but dealing with this company reminds me of talking to the VA, which is painful.
Most manufacturers aren’t going to sell for less (deep discounts). I’ve found I usually get things cheaper from sponsored vendors. I bought my BD light bar from a sponsored vendor on the Tacoma site I’m a member of. They gave a good discount and included the wiring harness.

Now, for the military discount, it doesn’t have to more then any discount they offer to other clubs/forums/groups. I always ask, if they offer one great, if it’s the same as another discount, that’s fine also. I’ll take whichever one is higher. As a military retiree, I always get a chuckle when vets or current service members think their discount should be higher.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Ordered the Squadron Pros for the steel bumpers to replace the fogs. Looking forward to trying them out next week.
I would like to do the same but the ones that came with it from the factory I like running those all the time day and night and I don't think I could run the squadronpro you even at night on a clear night it would blind somebody they're too strong there like 9800 lumens. Don't think you'd run them on the highway I want to go run them on the highway and use them at least sometimes and you could not with those

Sponsored

10thMTNDM

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Sport
Most manufacturers aren’t going to sell for less (deep discounts). I’ve found I usually get things cheaper from sponsored vendors. I bought my BD light bar from a sponsored vendor on the Tacoma site I’m a member of. They gave a good discount and included the wiring harness.

Now, for the military discount, it doesn’t have to more then any discount they offer to other clubs/forums/groups. I always ask, if they offer one great, if it’s the same as another discount, that’s fine also. I’ll take whichever one is higher. As a military retiree, I always get a chuckle when vets or current service members think their discount should be higher.
I think you have missed my point entirely. I wasn’t asking for more of a discount because I am military, they made me contact them to figure out what a military discount would be, if I had known it was the same as the forum discount, I would have just ordered it from another vendor, And save two weeks of hassle.

And as I previously stated, you are exactly the person I am talking about, a person who is defensive of the company because they bought a product from them.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
What I like also about the Baja lights besides coming with a two bolts in a package that has like a wheel lock to keep somebody from taking it off they also have a nut that looks like a almost like a home plate diamond from the baseball field LOL and it has a special key that puts it on so the only way they can steal the light is have to take the bracket off the Jeep. I'm not spending over $600 for a set of Lights knowing somebody could just take them off with a ranch. This way for $14 it makes it really hard for someone to steal them they'll just get frustrated and go somewhere

PowerGuy

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS StingGray
I think you have missed my point entirely. I wasn’t asking for more of a discount because I am military, they made me contact them to figure out what a military discount would be, if I had known it was the same as the forum discount, I would have just ordered it from another vendor, And save two weeks of hassle.

And as I previously stated, you are exactly the person I am talking about, a person who is defensive of the company because they bought a product from them.
All I wanted to know was what military discount they provided (which is the same freaking discount for everyone, so why make it seem like it’s different!?) from your previous post

I don’t think I ever defended them and I have never bought anything directly from BD. They are probably like most vendors, different discount codes for different groups.

Try Rago Fabrications, they usually run monthly sales and sometimes offer deep discounts to move product.

10thMTNDM

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Sport
All I wanted to know was what military discount they provided (which is the same freaking discount for everyone, so why make it seem like it’s different!?) from your previous post

I don’t think I ever defended them and I have never bought anything directly from BD. They are probably like most vendors, different discount codes for different groups.

Try Rago Fabrications, they usually run monthly sales and sometimes offer deep discounts to move product.

Ipso facto! Exactly! I wasn’t expecting more because of military service, they made a distinction between two discounts so I contacted them to see what the difference was. I’m not well versed in discount codes, I just saw a different discount that I was eligible for with no way to USE IT!!! I became irritated with the aloof salesman who kept dragging it out despite my best efforts to give them MY MONEY, lol! It had absolutely, positively nothing, to do with entitlement, and everything to do with absolutely horrid customer service, and unclear information. Was I salty it was the same after two weeks of back and forth with all the delays, absolutely, because I wasted all that time when I could of already ordered it for the same price over a week ago! Your bias towards the company is apparent, rather than trusting that I had good intentions, you immediately jump to the conclusion that I am just mad I didn’t get more of a discount, instead of weighing all the evidence and giving me the benefit of the doubt, that I’m not out to slander a company unless they wronged me in an actual way. Moreover, If you read the emails I guarantee you would agree. Let me add, he wouldn’t tell me how much off he had to QUOTE ME, and that QUOTE took going on TWO WEEKS! To make matters worse that quote turned out to be nothing because of the mark-up on their site, hahaha.

Thank, you for the recommendation I really appreciate it!

Last edited:

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I currently have Rigid industries D-Series Midnight Series 3' cubes on Baja Design brackets. I am not impressed with the light output of the Rigid lights. I am tempted to get a pair of these Squadron Pro, https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/squadron-r-pro-led-wide-cornering-amber.asp.

Does anyone have the amber ones installed? Any photos? Reviews?

Thanks.
I had a set of the D-SS Pro Driving lights on my bumper and they BARELY outdid my headlights. Switched them out to the Squadron Pro Driving Combo and can say they are light years ahead of the rigids. I couldn’t believe the difference seeing as they are technically comparable lights. Get the Bajas.

As far as the amber lenses, the color temperature of the squadrons is much warmer than the rigids. Unless you specifically need the amber just get the normal lenses. You can always easy swap out the lenses later.

Sponsored

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I had a set of the D-SS Pro Driving lights on my bumper and they BARELY outdid my headlights. Switched them out to the Squadron Pro Driving Combo and can say they are light years ahead of the rigids. I couldn’t believe the difference seeing as they are technically comparable lights. Get the Bajas.

As far as the amber lenses, the color temperature of the squadrons is much warmer than the rigids. Unless you specifically need the amber just get the normal lenses. You can always easy swap out the lenses later.
Thanks for the info. I will be switching over soon. Looking for deals.

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score