Backup Camera Quit Working

Av8Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
My B/U camera stopped working. It just shows up black in the UCON monitor with a message to check my surroundings.

Its raining, a lot for California, I suspect that might have something to do with but I thought I would check to see if there's a reset or simple way to determine the issue.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Just throwing this out there...mine goes out intermittently. What I've found is the failure is directly proportional to the amount of time I go wheeling in the mud. Also, I've found it's very funny to take a small round black sticker and place it over the camera lens. It drives people to insanity.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My backup camera used to go out intermittently. It now works great after I seated the fuses all the way down. Others have reported the same thing in several threads.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Av8Chuck

Av8Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I'm not sure if I figured anything out. When mine went out it was raining and I used the remote start and when I went into reverse the camera didn't show anything. Next day I dry'd and cleaned the camera, checked the connections and it began to work. I suspect it had more to do with the remote start and the system reset when I started it normally. I have no idea if that's true, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
sent my wife a text to remind me to check it later and she said it was working again.
/shrug
Sponsored