Sponsored

Backing out to change engine

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
If you want Gecko you better hurry!!! I saw a thread on here last night stating that color is done 08/31/2021...Good luck!!!

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
You are not crazy.

If you can afford it, go for it. For the most part, the feedback from the owners of the diesel Wranglers has been positive.

As with any Jeep, you will find issues with a few units. However, most seem to have been running okay. The owners seem happy with the additional torque.

I was surprised to see a few talking about re-gearing though.

slowpoke387

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLURXR Firecracker red
Your basing your opinion of Jeep 2.0T reliability on Audi, GM, Honda, Subaru, etc. 2.0T motors?
Basing it on experience with the configuration in general and yes those manufacturers are included. Like I said maybe the Jeep design is going to be the one that is somehow better than multiple manufacturers but I wouldnt bet on it. Your definition of reliability may be different than mine and also used in different context. I’m speaking long term as in over 100k miles and not under factory warranty. The 2.0T’s have been super problematic in comparison to other configurations down the road long after the original owner has enjoyed the benefits of a small engine that gets them great mpg’s.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I love my diesel. I like the way it sounds, but mostly I love the 442 lb.-ft. of torque. It is amazing. And the 8 speed ZF is perfectly calibrated to match the flat torque curve of the engine.

With the engine at $4000 plus $2000 for the transmission, 8 quarts of engine oil, expensive oil filters and fuel filters, plus DEF once in a while, I do not think there is any cost savings to be had due to the increased fuel economy. But for me, it is all about the torque.
Sponsored