Change To VON?

ChaseW

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler 392 XR
Hello all. Tell me if you think this is strange, or if I’m breaking a sweat over nothing. Before we get too crazy with the “run, not walk” comments or “shady dealer” comments, I have to communicate that I done a massive amount of business with this dealer, and have nothing but great things to say about them. The dealer principal is top-notch and we are friends, so I don’t think anything shady is going on, just wondering if I should dig deeper on this.

I ordered a Rubicon 392 from my local dealer at 10:30am on 11/19, the morning it was unveiled. I received a POC immediately confirming a Sold Order with my name on it along with the VON.

On 12/22, I received an update with the same VON, confirming I was in BG status.

On 1/13, I receive an update from the sales manager saying that there is no new progress, but the car is scheduled again for allocation this month.

Yesterday, I get an update directly from the dealer principal indicating that I am in BX status, which is exciting. However, I noticed that the VON is completely different. My original VON was 4747xxxx and now it’s 4773xxxx. I asked about this, and he indicated that the 4747 VON is completely invisible in his system and he can’t find anything associated with that VON. He sent me a screenshot showing the MSRP (presumably/unofficial) that confirms BX status, with my name on it, etc. I just followed up with Jeep Chat and they indicated that the 4747 order number was cancelled, but the 4773 order number is completely valid in my name and confirmed it being in BX.

All that is to say...should I press this issue? Any Jeep dealer employees out there that could shed some light on this, and if there’s any reason for any concern from my end?
Sponsored