Back up Camera wire extension

TheJanitor6203

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2.0 turbo, auto
Just got the 12 inch cable extension from Pasternack - very expensive since we only needed a couple of inches more than factory cable ($40 for cable and $20 for shipping) but it worked like a charm and we didn’t have to take off tire carrier or split the grommet through the tail gate - thanks! Ps I love this forum!

8365E9A0-8B38-46A7-9F77-A5665A9408A6.jpeg
I just ordered one as well. Looks like it’s coming from overseas. I was curious how long it took for yours to arrive.
Sponsored

Chotaling

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport Unlimited
I just ordered one as well. Looks like it’s coming from overseas. I was curious how long it took for yours to arrive.
I think they are made overseas but Pasternak carries stock. I got mine in less than a week - ships out of California. I got shipping info within a day or two.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I got mine the same week I put the order in. I’m so glad I got the extension, rather than replacing the whole cable. Easy peasy.

TheJanitor6203

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got mine the same week I put the order in. I’m so glad I got the extension, rather than replacing the whole cable. Easy peasy.
Well... I ordered the part referenced in this thread but then got an email that they no longer carry it but they had a replacement that was, according to them, identical. It is not. Each end of the extension cable I received is just slightly different and doesn't fit. I figured out a way to mount it without the extension for now though.

Chotaling

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well... I ordered the part referenced in this thread but then got an email that they no longer carry it but they had a replacement that was, according to them, identical. It is not. Each end of the extension cable I received is just slightly different and doesn't fit. I figured out a way to mount it without the extension for now though.
Sorry to hear that ☹

Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
There are a dozen or so variations on the tips of those wires. I’m a little surprised that they don’t have them. It’s a standard that other companies can sell.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
I ordered one for my JTM and had to trim the ears off so it would rotate properly for the locking tab. After that it was fine.
I will likely be ordering one for my wife’s JLR soon.

Chotaling

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that the Westin rear bumper and tire carrier? I'm in the process of trying to decide on one. I read the reviews and they mentioned the camera cable.
Yes it is. I decided on this one since it kept everything legal (third brake light, lighted license plate relocation) plus rear camera all in one package. Went on pretty easy using install video - happy with the purchase.....with the minor hiccup being the wiring for third brake light

Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Guys those cables come in a number of unique shapes. If you had to trim anything, you probably got the wrong wire. Just an FYI, the cable in the link I posted uses the exact shape needed for the backup camera on Jeep JLs.

Chotaling

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys those cables come in a number of unique shapes. If you had to trim anything, you probably got the wrong wire. Just an FYI, the cable in the link I posted uses the exact shape needed for the backup camera on Jeep JLs.
Agreed. I ordered the one in your link and it worked perfect!

TheJanitor6203

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. I ordered the one in your link and it worked perfect!
Well, it looks like that cable will fit. The original part number posted in this thread was PE38748A-12. They told me it is "out of stock and one of it's components has been discontinued." They suggested PE3C6305-12 be used in it's place and that's what they sent. It does not fit. It's basically the same fittings but the alignment tabs are not in the right places. As someone else noted, I would need to trim part of the fitting for it to work.

I just sent them an email about exchanging it for PE38753H-12. It looks like those are the correct fittings.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Well, it looks like that cable will fit. The original part number posted in this thread was PE38748A-12. They told me it is "out of stock and one of it's components has been discontinued." They suggested PE3C6305-12 be used in it's place and that's what they sent. It does not fit. It's basically the same fittings but the alignment tabs are not in the right places. As someone else noted, I would need to trim part of the fitting for it to work.

I just sent them an email about exchanging it for PE38753H-12. It looks like those are the correct fittings.
Sorry you got the run around.

TheConquerorWorm

First Name
Rusty S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, ordered ('21 JLUR)
Occupation
Trouble Maker