grandpaq

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JEEP Sahara Unlimited
Hello.

Turned on the JEEP to back out of the driveway - no camera view. Monitor says whatever it says, but no picture. It happened two days ago, but was working yesterday.

Camera was replaced 3 days at the dealer after driving it home in October 2020. I insisted then that nothing new should just be reprogrammed, and the replacement camera has worked since then - until two days ago.

Any ideas to solve this? Appreciate your collective advice. Thank you.
Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Hello.

Turned on the JEEP to back out of the driveway - no camera view. Monitor says whatever it says, but no picture. It happened two days ago, but was working yesterday.

Camera was replaced 3 days at the dealer after driving it home in October 2020. I insisted then that nothing new should just be reprogrammed, and the replacement camera has worked since then - until two days ago.

My guess is software too. Mine went out on my 6 month old JLU for 24 hours and started working again for no reason. I know there was a recent update to U Connect. Bringing mine in for an oil change Saturday and will have them check it out.

slick

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford harley jeep
mine stopped working also. Brand new jeep

slick

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford harley jeep
My guess is software too. Mine went out on my 6 month old JLU for 24 hours and started working again for no reason. I know there was a recent update to U Connect. Bringing mine in for an oil change Saturday and will have them check it out.
Can I do the update at home?
thx.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Can I do the update at home?
thx.
The update might actually be for older models I think weā€™re running the newest version if you have a 21

Sponsored

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Mine goes out randomly and comes back on at other times. I run a spare tire bag while I'm traveling so it may happen more often than I think. It was working last night so I'll keep going until I can show the dealer.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Hello.

A couple of things I have experienced and what I noticed:

The camera view would not activate if I put the JL into reverse before the system booted up totally. I have proven (on mine) that was the cause and the fix was to let it fully finish the boot cycle before reverse. There were a couple of old threads on here that discussed the same cause and effect.

About 5 times in the 3 years I've had it, the guide lines disappear (also reported on the forum and seem to be wide spread). Shutting the vehicle off, opening and shutting the driver's door restored the lines. It's important that the door open and closing cycle happen after shutting it off or the reset will not work. A couple of times I let it set overnight and they were fine the next day.

That's my $.02, hope if may help.
Charlie

slick

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford harley jeep
The update might actually be for older models I think weā€™re running the newest version if you have a 21
Its on today. I have a lot of problems when I switch from satellite to CarPlay it wont switch over. or if it does it goes right back to whatever I had playing first. I tried closing all the apps on my phone it dont help. So I end up unplugging my phone and thats annoying

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hello everyone,

Please know that you may always visit https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html to ensure that your Uconnect software is up to date. If this does not resolve your concerns, feel free to reach back out and we would be happy to look into this further for you!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Have you tried rebooting uConnect?
Also, there are some cables under the passenger seat that go to that camera. Go check all of the connectors and make sure they are completely seated.

Sponsored

FerrdIsTheWord

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hello everyone,

Please know that you may always visit https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html to ensure that your Uconnect software is up to date. If this does not resolve your concerns, feel free to reach back out and we would be happy to look into this further for you!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
That site always says Iā€™m up to date when I know for a fact my radio is several versions behind.

OP
OP
grandpaq

grandpaq

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JEEP Sahara Unlimited
Have you tried rebooting uConnect?
Also, there are some cables under the passenger seat that go to that camera. Go check all of the connectors and make sure they are completely seated.
This is very good to know. I keep a step stool ladder that fold flat under the passenger seat, and I am constantly pulling the ladder out and returning it - for my 94 year old mother. I will check this right away.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
That site always says Iā€™m up to date when I know for a fact my radio is several versions behind.
I can definitely look into that for you, Fred! Send our team a DM with more details about the behaviors your Uconnect system has been displaying recently and we'll get back to you as soon as we can!

Thanks in advance,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Sponsored