Threads
Reaction score
Website
4wheelsandamotor.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Writer
So a while back I broke the pot metal axle vent on top of the differential housing. I can't get my hands on a new one.

Does anyone have any idea where to get one? In the MOPAR parts catalog, it's not listed anymore and I didn't write down the part number when I found it the first time. @JeepCares was going to help buy my order was canceled from the original retailer when they couldn't get one.

Pic attached shows the part in question.

4WAAM-Revolution-Gear-Empty-Diff-Housing-1707x1280.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So a while back I broke the pot metal axle vent on top of the differential housing. I can't get my hands on a new one.

Does anyone have any idea where to get one? In the MOPAR parts catalog, it's not listed anymore and I didn't write down the part number when I found it the first time. @JeepCares was going to help buy my order was canceled from the original retailer when they couldn't get one.

Jeep Wrangler JL Axle Vent Broken - Can't Find Replacement Part 4WAAM-Revolution-Gear-Empty-Diff-Housing-1707x1280
Hi there, we are sorry to hear that you were unable to locate this part in the past. Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN and we will be happy to look into this further for you.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU

4WAAM-Revolution-Gear-Empty-Diff-Housing-1707x1280.jpg
I found the Rubicon front axle vent item #6 in exploded view.
Part # 68398729AA.

9CF46B53-91F1-492E-AA27-72EF8FD3D5CC.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
4WAAM

4WAAM

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
4wheelsandamotor.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Writer
@Jeepsterfreak The problem is it's on a national backorder and I can't get one. They show it available until you call and it's not available.

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Hi there, we are sorry to hear that you were unable to locate this part in the past. Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN and we will be happy to look into this further for you.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Sent you guys a message.. are these still on national backorder?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
it should be regular old pipe threads. try the hardware store.
Sponsored