Sponsored

MIL on, pulled codes and can't find much information on them

krazyboi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2.0L
I tried to use my remote starter a few days ago and noticed that it turned off by itself after about 10 seconds. I then went into the Jeep and drove for a bit and realized the malfunction indicator light was on. I scrolled through the dash screen but there were no stored messages. Not too long after, I received an email saying that the MIL was on in my car and that I should take it to a dealership to get it checked out. I ended up getting the Bluedriver scanner and pulled the codes and this is what I got:

Permanent Code
P0456 EVAP System Leak Detected(very small leak)

1 Front Control Module
B16B7 Center Stop Lamp Control Circuit : Circuit Short To Battery or Open

1 Powertrain Control Module code
P0456 EVAP System Leak Detected(very small leak)

1 Battery Pack Control Module code
P2B28 Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Coolant Pump Performance : No Sub Type Information

I have a JLUR 2.0 and have had no problems until now. I have around 800 miles on the Jeep. I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it, but a week ago, I was parked on my sloped driveway with the front facing down the slope. When I started up the car, it showed an empty fuel tank and a range of 13 miles, even though the day before it was at least 1/3rd full with a range of over 100 miles. I drove to the gas station and filled her up, and it took 15 gallons to get it full. I started the car up again and it showed full and everything was fine. I usually park with the front facing up the slope and never had this happen before. I also parked with the front facing down the slope before and hadn't had this happen before.

Also, on a side note, the Bluedriver scanner has a live scanning feature and one of the options was "Hybrid Battery Pack Remaining Life (%)", which was hovering around 52.2%-52.9% on a 10 minute drive around my neighborhood. Is that normal?

I've read a little bit about the EVAP leak code but any more information on it and the other codes would be appreciated!

Screenshot_20181106-001525_BlueDriver.jpg
Sponsored