ekoii

First Name
Emmitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@ekoii LOVE everything about your Jeep! Love your seats especially!!! I saw on your build that you don’t have your Jeep lifted and you have 35” tires correct?
That's right. I'm running 35's now with no lift. I am looking at lifts and that will likely be the next evolution on the build either a 2.5 or 3.5in.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RoxyBoxer

RoxyBoxer

First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
That's right. I'm running 35's now with no lift. I am looking at lifts and that will likely be the next evolution on the build either a 2.5 or 3.5in.
@ekoii thsts nice to know because I necessarily don’t need to have a lift I just want a better tire/wheel combo then stock so that’s good to know.

ekoii

First Name
Emmitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. How was the installation? Read mixed reviews?
Installation was pretty easy. Take time to adjust the doors as you tighten the hardware. They do occasional require tightening in the door latch mechanism as thing loosen from vibration. I use them as the primary doors, so they get lots of use....and so I check and adjust as needed. They changed the stopper at the bottom of the door, which also allows for adjustment, really making a difference in making them fit snug. Overall, I’m happy with them.

Sponsored

Hilaryl1983

First Name
Hilary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ocean blue Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
I happened to run across this post on another Wrangler forum. I think this is proof enough to not mess with the rear window. https://www.wranglerforum.com/threads/hard-top-rear-window-removal.1306657/
Yep, agree completely! I did notice on mine there is a disconnect for the window washer fluid..... which I find odd if jeep never intended the rear window to be removed. But, that is all I can see that would suggest removal. And of course nothing that I can find in manual.... but I don’t notice any issue with it staying shut and my top is back and all windows are down.

WiseguyDS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Yep, agree completely! I did notice on mine there is a disconnect for the window washer fluid..... which I find odd if jeep never intended the rear window to be removed. But, that is all I can see that would suggest removal. And of course nothing that I can find in manual.... but I don’t notice any issue with it staying shut and my top is back and all windows are down.
I'm with you. If it were straight forward, then maybe but if there's no issues in leaving it be and we still get the full open-air effect then why even bother!

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Squeak! Anyone have any experience with squeaking? Is there a known fix for the potential 2 causes of the squeaking? Some of the old post horror stories scaring me away from this option.

Bigdagdaman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Squeak! Anyone have any experience with squeaking? Is there a known fix for the potential 2 causes of the squeaking? Some of the old post horror stories scaring me away from this option.
I have had mine for over a year and no issues at all. It's been great.

Bigdagdaman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have had mine for over a year and no issues at all. It's been great.
My very first test drive I was on the highway and it started to rain. I slowed to 60mph and closed the top and didn't need to pull over. I was sold. I've been really happy with it as there are many days when it's cold, but sunny and I have the top, half open. I also didn't want to deal with storing the hard top and putting the soft top on and off. It is pricy but I am happy with the trade-offs. The noise also has never been an issue for me as it's quieter than many soft tops on the Jeep. Good luck.

Sponsored

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 2021 SAHARA (that my wife lets me drive on the weekends..sometimes.)
We have the One Touch on our Jeep and love it. I don't have space for a hard top to be stored, I'm also lazy and didn't think my wife and I would ever take off the top if we went with a hard top. The wife wanted a hard top, so One Touch it was! We've only owned the jeep since 10/31, so no issues yet, just lots of fun.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
It's pretty clear how much the One Touch owners love this top. My biggest concern is the squeak issue I've read about. I understand it's not on all of them, but I'd like some piece of mind knowing if the issue does occur, its solve able at this point. I saw some older forums where many owners were freaking out, trying random fixes, adding straws, greasing, bringing to dealership multiple times, and no one was able to stop the squeak.

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
Drove 6 hour trip with speeds up to 100 mph on short bursts. The SOT was closed, and other than some wind noise, which didn't bother me because I had the stereo on, I had no issues. Love this top! Opened it up as soon as I got to my sister's house in Orangvale, CA.

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Love my Sky One Touch. No squeaking issues or anything else after 1+ years of ownership and frequent use.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Ugh all this positive feedback is making my decision harder. Holding out for someone to chime in who hates it!
Sponsored