Sponsored

Automatic Sky One Touch

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I wish this was available for the 2 door. Easy access to rear, removable side windows on the hardtop. I see you have to get a bunch of extra frills in the Sky One Touch, a $4100 bite Maybe Bronco Competition will push this to happen, with just the top , not the extras
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
RoxyBoxer

RoxyBoxer

First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Iā€™m a HUGE fan! Iā€˜ve owned 3 JKs with vinyl soft top, premium soft top, Trektop NX, and Trektop Pro Hybrid, and I can say without a doubt that Iā€™m more open air now with the One Touch than Iā€™ve been in the last three JKs combined. A previous poster mentioned that weather is a consideration. For me, itā€™s THE consideration. If I lived somewhere warm and dry (Southern CA, AZ, etc.), Iā€™d go premium soft top all the way and just leave it down 90% of the time. But I live in Southern FL where, in the summer, itā€™s sunny every morning and thundershower every afternoon for 1-2 hours. The weather changes on a dime too. Torrential downpour on one side of the street and sunny on the other side. So, the One Touch has been awesome for where Iā€™m at and the weather I deal with.
Awe man!! Just checked out your build and thatā€™s the exact color I was thinking of, and a Rubicon!! Sweet!!

FrankNY

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLU Sahara
I love my sky-one. If you haven't gone topless in four years, you're probably looking for convenience. Well, the sky-one is as quick and convenient as you can get. This summer I've had it open nearly every day. At night, if it gets cool, I close it half way. On the highway driving into a shower? Just slow to 59 mph and close it up in 20 seconds. Even on a sunny "warm" 55 degree in February, I opened the top for while. I think I've enjoyed the sky-one more than any feature I've had on any car.

Tolb86

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler sport
Totally recommend the sky one touch. It is a hard pill to swallow because of the price but I ended up getting a 2020 sport with the sun and sound package for $39,600 and that came with the alpine sounds system 8.4 inch radio, and sky one touch. It also has the cold weather and connivence group and I think itā€™s a great value. And down here in GA I open it up all the time and itā€™s easy to close when we have pop up thunderstorms just have to be below 60MPH.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RoxyBoxer

RoxyBoxer

First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
I love my sky-one. If you haven't gone topless in four years, you're probably looking for convenience. Well, the sky-one is as quick and convenient as you can get. This summer I've had it open nearly every day. At night, if it gets cool, I close it half way. On the highway driving into a shower? Just slow to 59 mph and close it up in 20 seconds. Even on a sunny "warm" 55 degree in February, I opened the top for while. I think I've enjoyed the sky-one more than any feature I've had on any car.
Yeah convenience is definitely a factor, as that is the reason I purchased the Sunrider for hardtop from Bestop. I wanted to be able to open it without having to take the freedom panels off and on all the time and store them. Iā€™m just not sure wether I like the look of the one touch when the rear windows are taken out and the back corners of the Jeep still remain. I will definitely be checking it out at the dealer.

OP
OP
RoxyBoxer

RoxyBoxer

First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Totally recommend the sky one touch. It is a hard pill to swallow because of the price but I ended up getting a 2020 sport with the sun and sound package for $39,600 and that came with the alpine sounds system 8.4 inch radio, and sky one touch. It also has the cold weather and connivence group and I think itā€™s a great value. And down here in GA I open it up all the time and itā€™s easy to close when we have pop up thunderstorms just have to be below 60MPH.
Wow!! Definitely a great deal!

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah convenience is definitely a factor, as that is the reason I purchased the Sunrider for hardtop from Bestop. I wanted to be able to open it without having to take the freedom panels off and on all the time and store them. Iā€™m just not sure wether I like the look of the one touch when the rear windows are taken out and the back corners of the Jeep still remain. I will definitely be checking it out at the dealer.
Hereā€™s mine without windows (or doors for that matter). I hope this helps Paula.

FC72D614-01EB-4670-816E-D3367DB4E4A9.jpeg

7B38D027-4B86-44AB-8C56-D489E0863208.jpeg

Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Acura TSX, 2019 Moab!!!
This is my first jeep. I have the sky one touch roof and I couldnā€™t think about having anything else. Itā€™s just absolutely awesome to be able to open and close your top in 20 seconds. I donā€™t worry about the classic jeep look because from my vantage point Iā€™ve got an open top, and the doors are off, Iā€™m feeling sweet.

Most of the people who have seen my jeep Love how convenient the top is to open and close in 20 seconds. Not to mention if youā€™re driving and you get a rain shower.

Iā€™ve had no problems with any water leak. I feel the sound quality is excellent with the top closed. If I had to do it again I would order the same thing.

Sponsored

ATL_Crawl

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Recon
I have the one touch and love it! Yes I canā€™t achieve the complete ā€œnakedā€ feel of the Jeep, but there are a lot of other positives. For example, I was off roading on a road that had not been ridden on in a while. We had the roof open at the beginning, but realized the trail had HUGE spiders and spider webs all across the trail. Iā€™m talking Arachnophobia huge. To help with the visual, when I got into my car the next morning there was a huge spider and web in the back seat. He, and Iā€™m sure many others, must have come home with us. But my point is that we were able to easily close the top in 20 seconds. If youā€™re looking for an everyday driver I think the one touch is a great option. If I were purchasing a Jeep to strictly ride on weekends and take off road I would have gone with the hard top.

9D3CE3C8-E2E0-4DF4-A42B-391175578577.jpeg

OP
OP
RoxyBoxer

RoxyBoxer

First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
This is my first jeep. I have the sky one touch roof and I couldnā€™t think about having anything else. Itā€™s just absolutely awesome to be able to open and close your top in 20 seconds. I donā€™t worry about the classic jeep look because from my vantage point Iā€™ve got an open top, and the doors are off, Iā€™m feeling sweet.

Most of the people who have seen my jeep Love how convenient the top is to open and close in 20 seconds. Not to mention if youā€™re driving and you get a rain shower.

Iā€™ve had no problems with any water leak. I feel the sound quality is excellent with the top closed. If I had to do it again I would order the same thing.
Yeah Iā€™m definitely leaning more toward the one touch for sure, I mean anything that allows me to get to what matters most...the open air feeling....is a ok in my book! I definitely know that sweet feeling, because when I took all my doors off for the first time, I felt that way for sure!! And what was awesome about it was that my husband doesnā€™t necessarily like all the sun since he burns so easily but with just having the doors off and the top closed I was still able to enjoy the ride just as much!

OP
OP
RoxyBoxer

RoxyBoxer

First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
I have the one touch and love it! Yes I canā€™t achieve the complete ā€œnakedā€ feel of the Jeep, but there are a lot of other positives. For example, I was off roading on a road that had not been ridden on in a while. We had the roof open at the beginning, but realized the trail had HUGE spiders and spider webs all across the trail. Iā€™m talking Arachnophobia huge. To help with the visual, when I got into my car the next morning there was a huge spider and web in the back seat. He, and Iā€™m sure many others, must have come home with us. But my point is that we were able to easily close the top in 20 seconds. If youā€™re looking for an everyday driver I think the one touch is a great option. If I were purchasing a Jeep to strictly ride on weekends and take off road I would have gone with the hard top.

9D3CE3C8-E2E0-4DF4-A42B-391175578577.jpeg
Nice!! Love this color too as you donā€™t see a lot of them! Is that the factory steel bumper? I donā€™t know the exact name of things, but the piece attached on the top of the bumper? Not the winch. I want a rubicon but man after you ad all the options, its a killer! I love the steel bumper because when I was rear ended I think it really saved me from having even more damage then I had. I see on Extreme Terrain they are a lot cheaper then from factory.

Last edited:

Milspec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2013 JKUS
I have a JK Unlimited with hard top, wifeā€™s 2020 Rubicon is the sky one touch. We did not originally want it but the Rubicon we were after ā€œgot sold out from under usā€ so the only other with the Mopar Katskinz leather had the one touch.

Having experienced both, we absolutely love the sky one touch. I did have a Trektop NX on the JK but didnā€™t care too much for it.

We are in Dallas TX regards to weather.
Sponsored

Last edited: