Automatic Sky One Touch

Drewster

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1c4hjxeg3lw190280
Never had a Jeep and didn’t think of owning one until I rented a Sahara for a weekend. The ride was unexpectedly impressive and well mannered for a “Jeep”. My wife and I appreciate luxury refinement with some excitement and adventure! Our Jeep Sahara decked out with the One-Touch Sky roof fits that mold. Our MSRP was $55K and I must admit, it was nearly impossible to find a one touch Sky roof without paying the Additional premiums for the other bells and whistles. However, no regrets at all. With all the doors, including the back panels off, the damn beast is sexy. Without worrying about storage, with the roof rolled back, the Jeep was opened to the world with on-lookers asking, “when did they come out with that?!” I add the spider web sunscreen to avoid the sunburn for an open but protected feel. Again, off roading isn’t first on our mind everytime we roll out of the garage, but for cruising the pavements and running errands, there’s no better way to do it than in a Jeep without doors and the roof wide open.
Sponsored

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
I like my Sky One Touch....allot. Yeah...it costs some....but compare some of the other variables and the roof paint, and top lift etc....and it's not outrageous.....at least to me.

In AZ it's pretty dusty on most of the trails.....and variable depending on the wind and other vehicles. Also the sun can be pretty intense....and we like our AC. I can open or close the top without a concern depending on the conditions. No lost time, and keeps the dust and weather out as needed. Also much more secure when parking.....closes or reopens instantly.....and no storage issues.

I don't think I would be happy without the sky one touch. Too many variables in my day.

Jeep Wrangler JL Automatic Sky One Touch IMG_2129 2.JPG

OP
OP
RoxyBoxer

RoxyBoxer

First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
I lease a Rubicon with One Touch and love it. Use it all the time. I’m not sure I’d buy the One Touch, but for 3 years it’s perfect.
I want a Rubicon next. Do you mind me asking what you pay monthly on the Rubicon lease, as I lease a Sahara now, just wondering how much more my payment might be.

OP
OP
RoxyBoxer

RoxyBoxer

First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
I had a 2016 Sahara unlimited that I purchased the premium soft top to put on for the spring-fall. I had the body colored hard top for the rest of the year. I now own a 2020 rubicon unlimited with sky one touch. While I did love my last jeep, I found I was always just taking back the soft top “one notch”— folding it back once and tying it off to expose the front seats mostly— because taking the whole thing back on my own proved to be too difficult. Additionally, I would let it sit in my driveway when open, so I wouldn’t have to open it up again to run out and would then have to close her up at the end of night before bed..... which was a pain for two reasons— first being by the end of the night I was tired and when fully opened, I needed a second set of hands to help me close it up. Second being there was always all sorts of debris inside like leaves from it sitting open all day. But, the top wasn’t easy enough to open and close all day long for me. When I did close it up during the day, I would burn my hands touching the black top and black hardware to close.... all of this stuff I honestly hadn’t thought about until I was actually doing it!

fast forward to buying a new truck— I decided the one touch was for me since it makes going “topless” sooooo much easier! I run out for a quick trip, top off. I come home top on. I run out again top off, come home again top on... you all get the idea!

this rubicon gets naked enough for me. Only thing that doesn’t come off is the back window. But like I said with my old Jeep, I rarely took the time to take that off anyways—it’s more work than what I do now that’s for sure!

Also, when riding with the top back, before I get on the e-way this makes it so much easier to just have it closed up before getting on the highway.... i prefer to not drive at such fast speeds with it open- always have.

The one touch really has been so great for me. I highly recommend it clearly. But it obviously will vary person to person on what their particular personalities are and what they’re looking to do!! I personally will always keep the sky one touch.
@Hilaryl1983 you have what I want next...blue Rubi!!

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
For all the reasons already articulated I LOVE my SOT. Really great. I'd never have the top off half as much as I do now with the touch of a button. One complaint (that I've mentioned previously) is that it's noiser than the hardtop. I wish Mopar would make a clip on liner to help with both noise and climate control. But even with this downside, still worth the dollars. . .
Hey Mark maybe do you think you may need an adjustment with your roof? The reason I ask is mine has no wind noise when closed and it definitely doesn’t affect my climate control. However I was washing it last Sunday and noticed my first problem in 14 months. I saw this gap on top that I’d never seen before. When I went inside I noticed the strap that keeps it tight to the body was just hanging down. It turns out that a plastic rivot broke. I’m going in Sept. 10 for repair. If it were out of warranty I could’ve fixed it myself.
Make sure yours is tight to the body, I get the usual “Jeep thing” where it isn’t as quiet as a steel roof but my climate is never affected when the roof’s closed.
Here’s my temporary problem, make sure you can’t do this with yours...

03B59D1B-25F9-4148-BFEA-34D7740C29F4.jpeg

OP
OP
RoxyBoxer

RoxyBoxer

First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
I'm a one touch owner and also love it. Along with all the comments mentioned in the posts, not having to remove the hard top and store it, is so nice. A couple of other thoughts.
1) On my test drive it started to rain. I closed the top on the highway, slowing down to 60mph. No need to store panels, etc in the car.
2) The top still covers the back where my dogs ride and keeps them or other items in the shade.
3) I can close it and open it based on my wife's mood and hair day.
4) You can lock your car up securily.
I wouldn't get to hung up on the looks as very little do I take the rear windows out, but as you can see from the pcis, it's looks cool in a different way. Good luck and if I was buying a new jeep I would get it again.
LOL!! To reason #2....don’t mess with a woman’s hair!! . And I have a dog too, so I totally agree!!

Hilaryl1983

First Name
Hilary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ocean blue Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
@Hilaryl1983 you have what I want next...blue Rubi!!
I looove this color!! I drove 1.5-2 hours away to find the blue with the one touch. Totally worth it!! I’m sure other owners get them also, but I get so many ppl complimenting me on the color. Random ppl in parking lots constantly come up and tell me how nice my truck looks. I’ve owned a lot of new vehicles, but have never had ppl come up like this! #jeepownerproblems ;)- it does make me feel good when they do, makes me extra proud to own a wrangler!!

Hilaryl1983

First Name
Hilary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Mark maybe do you think you may need an adjustment with your roof? The reason I ask is mine has no wind noise when closed and it definitely doesn’t affect my climate control. However I was washing it last Sunday and noticed my first problem in 14 months. I saw this gap on top that I’d never seen before. When I went inside I noticed the strap that keeps it tight to the body was just hanging down. It turns out that a plastic rivot broke. I’m going in Sept. 10 for repair. If it were out of warranty I could’ve fixed it myself.
Make sure yours is tight to the body, I get the usual “Jeep thing” where it isn’t as quiet as a steel roof but my climate is never affected when the roof’s closed.
Here’s my temporary problem, make sure you can’t do this with yours...

Jeep Wrangler JL Automatic Sky One Touch 03B59D1B-25F9-4148-BFEA-34D7740C29F4
I also have no wind noise or issues with climate control with my sky top. And wow to what happened to yours!! I wonder how that happened???

Hilaryl1983

First Name
Hilary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m 99.9% sure it does not come out. The picture is deceiving and has had some touch up work done to it...
Yes it does seem the owner has made several mods to it. Possible they modified the rear window to open like that. Because even after much online searching I have not found any videos showing me how to remove it from factory..

Sponsored

WiseguyDS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Went with the one-touch top for the same reasons....not having a lot of space to store a hard top and wanting to be able to open the top at the touch of a button to react to the ever changing sunny/rainy weather here in Hawaii. Love it and wouldn't change a thing.

Looks great. What doors?

OP
OP
RoxyBoxer

RoxyBoxer

First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Went with the one-touch top for the same reasons....not having a lot of space to store a hard top and wanting to be able to open the top at the touch of a button to react to the ever changing sunny/rainy weather here in Hawaii. Love it and wouldn't change a thing.

@ekoii LOVE everything about your Jeep! Love your seats especially!!! I saw on your build that you don’t have your Jeep lifted and you have 35” tires correct?

OP
OP
RoxyBoxer

RoxyBoxer

First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
I like my Sky One Touch....allot. Yeah...it costs some....but compare some of the other variables and the roof paint, and top lift etc....and it's not outrageous.....at least to me.

In AZ it's pretty dusty on most of the trails.....and variable depending on the wind and other vehicles. Also the sun can be pretty intense....and we like our AC. I can open or close the top without a concern depending on the conditions. No lost time, and keeps the dust and weather out as needed. Also much more secure when parking.....closes or reopens instantly.....and no storage issues.

I don't think I would be happy without the sky one touch. Too many variables in my day.

@Foggy47 I love your wheel set up! What are they?

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring