Automatic Sky One Touch

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
I love my SOT! I thinks it’s great that everyone seems to be happy with the top choice they have made! Wranglers are such awesome vehicles! Very easy to love!
Sponsored

ATL_Crawl

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Recon
Nice!! Love this color too as you don’t see a lot of them! Is that the factory steel bumper? I don’t know the exact name of things, but the piece attached on the top of the bumper? Not the winch. I want a rubicon but man after you ad all the options, its a killer! I love the steel bumper because when I was rear ended I think it really saved me from having even more damage then I had. I see on Extreme Terrain they are a lot cheaper then from factory.
Yes it’s the steel bumper. I changed the grille guard to a Warn mid height grille guard. I like the look a little better than the Mopar.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I have the one touch and love it! Yes I can’t achieve the complete “naked” feel of the Jeep, but there are a lot of other positives. For example, I was off roading on a road that had not been ridden on in a while. We had the roof open at the beginning, but realized the trail had HUGE spiders and spider webs all across the trail. I’m talking Arachnophobia huge. To help with the visual, when I got into my car the next morning there was a huge spider and web in the back seat. He, and I’m sure many others, must have come home with us. But my point is that we were able to easily close the top in 20 seconds. If you’re looking for an everyday driver I think the one touch is a great option. If I were purchasing a Jeep to strictly ride on weekends and take off road I would have gone with the hard top.

9D3CE3C8-E2E0-4DF4-A42B-391175578577.jpeg
i have to say I'm not a huge fan of Sarge Green Trevor but your Jeep is beautiful.

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Hi all! I have a 2016 Sahara 75th Anniversary with the 3 piece hardtop. My lease is up in July of 2021 and I am trying to research now to think about what I want next. I was considering keeping what I have until someone rear ended me, even tho everything was fixed, I just don’t want to carry that with me. So I love the hard top but for me I think it is a pain to keep taking the freedom tops off, so I did purchase the aftermarket sun rider to takes its place so I can just open it and go. I do like the hard top for the winter tho. I’m curious on the new one touch, if anyone has it and if they can tell me if they like it or not and if they have any issues with it. I was also thinking about just getting a soft top so it’ll be easier to just open everything up because I’m embarrassed to say that in the 4 years I had my Jeep I’ve yet to be totally topless!! Infact this summer was the first time I took all my doors off and OMG I can’t believe it took me that long! It was so freeing!! Lol!! So many decisions! Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated!
I have a 2019 with the sky one roof. LOVE IT! Push a button it opens and closes. Never have to worry about getting caught at a disadvantage because of the weather. No taking off and putting back on, and the storage. It was the main reason I ordered one. Did I mention the back panel windows come out. Added PLUS

Sponsored

Hilaryl1983

First Name
Hilary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ocean blue Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
I had a 2016 Sahara unlimited that I purchased the premium soft top to put on for the spring-fall. I had the body colored hard top for the rest of the year. I now own a 2020 rubicon unlimited with sky one touch. While I did love my last jeep, I found I was always just taking back the soft top “one notch”— folding it back once and tying it off to expose the front seats mostly— because taking the whole thing back on my own proved to be too difficult. Additionally, I would let it sit in my driveway when open, so I wouldn’t have to open it up again to run out and would then have to close her up at the end of night before bed..... which was a pain for two reasons— first being by the end of the night I was tired and when fully opened, I needed a second set of hands to help me close it up. Second being there was always all sorts of debris inside like leaves from it sitting open all day. But, the top wasn’t easy enough to open and close all day long for me. When I did close it up during the day, I would burn my hands touching the black top and black hardware to close.... all of this stuff I honestly hadn’t thought about until I was actually doing it!

fast forward to buying a new truck— I decided the one touch was for me since it makes going “topless” sooooo much easier! I run out for a quick trip, top off. I come home top on. I run out again top off, come home again top on... you all get the idea!

this rubicon gets naked enough for me. Only thing that doesn’t come off is the back window. But like I said with my old Jeep, I rarely took the time to take that off anyways—it’s more work than what I do now that’s for sure!

Also, when riding with the top back, before I get on the e-way this makes it so much easier to just have it closed up before getting on the highway.... i prefer to not drive at such fast speeds with it open- always have.

The one touch really has been so great for me. I highly recommend it clearly. But it obviously will vary person to person on what their particular personalities are and what they’re looking to do!! I personally will always keep the sky one touch.

Bigdagdaman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'm a one touch owner and also love it. Along with all the comments mentioned in the posts, not having to remove the hard top and store it, is so nice. A couple of other thoughts.
1) On my test drive it started to rain. I closed the top on the highway, slowing down to 60mph. No need to store panels, etc in the car.
2) The top still covers the back where my dogs ride and keeps them or other items in the shade.
3) I can close it and open it based on my wife's mood and hair day.
4) You can lock your car up securily.
I wouldn't get to hung up on the looks as very little do I take the rear windows out, but as you can see from the pcis, it's looks cool in a different way. Good luck and if I was buying a new jeep I would get it again.

WiseguyDS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I've got the Sky One-Touch and yeah I like it. I didn't like the hard-top so much just because to take off more than just the 2 overhead pieces, taking off the rest took more than one person and became a chore.

The soft-top would have been my 2nd preference. But, for this purchase, I visualized myself having fun pulling the soft top back a few times and then afterwards on the 4th or 5th time, it eventually seemed to me like it would become a chore.

Not saying I don't like either of them, I do. A lot. But if you want one-button convenience all the time and you want to let all that air and sunshine in, you really can't beat the one-touch because it opens up ALL THE WAY past the rear seat. And if you really want to pull the doors off along with the rear quarter windows, you're about as naked as the rest of them. And I STILL don't have to depend on anyone else. Convenience is all it is. And I'd rather spend the $ on something convenient that I will use.

YMMV.. it's just a personal thing.

WiseguyDS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I agree with @entropy : the One Touch is VERY expensive; it is hard to justify its cost. However, if you can afford it, and you really like the benefits of the soft top but are concerned about its drawbacks, One Touch appears to be a happy medium.

001-200712-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-392-concept.jpg
Did I know that the rear flip up window comes off? No I did not. I need to re-read about that again. Very cool photo. I like it!

Sponsored

ekoii

First Name
Emmitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Went with the one-touch top for the same reasons....not having a lot of space to store a hard top and wanting to be able to open the top at the touch of a button to react to the ever changing sunny/rainy weather here in Hawaii. Love it and wouldn't change a thing.

20191130_151518.jpg

20200802_114628.jpg

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
For all the reasons already articulated I LOVE my SOT. Really great. I'd never have the top off half as much as I do now with the touch of a button. One complaint (that I've mentioned previously) is that it's noiser than the hardtop. I wish Mopar would make a clip on liner to help with both noise and climate control. But even with this downside, still worth the dollars. . .

Hilaryl1983

First Name
Hilary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ocean blue Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Wait..... can the rear window be removed on the sky one touch roof????? This is news to me. I know the rear quarter windows can be, but can the rear window with wiper on it be removed also????

ATL_Crawl

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Recon
Did I know that the rear flip up window comes off? No I did not. I need to re-read about that again. Very cool photo. I like it!
I’m 99.9% sure it does not come out. The picture is deceiving and has had some touch up work done to it...
Sponsored