Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
thanks for sharing. followed.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I love auto-up in my other vehicles and wish my Wrangler had it. Keep us in the loop! :)

coneklr

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Dude, awesome! Cars without one touch up annoy the hell out of me. It has been bothering me since I bought the car.

golden809

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
OK, as promised. Here is a brief write-up of my adding one-touch up to my front windows.

1st, you need to obtain a module to help with this.I purchased the DEI 535T. I have used similar DEI modules with great success. This is their newest one and it works really well.

I removed the HVAC console. It just pops off so work your way around the edges and pull:
image1.jpg

Next you remove the window switch control panel, there are two screws:
image2.jpg

Next I tested the wires with a voltmeter:
image3.jpg

My wire colors were as follows:
Driver Up: OG/GN
Driver Down: OG/W (thick wire)
Passenger Up: OG/BN
Passenger Down: OG/V

I only wired the Up switches because the Down switch is already one-touch.

Next I just followed the instructions for wiring the 535T. You have to splice the Jeep wires so be sure you cut with enough room to splice the wires back together in the future if need be. I zip tied the 535T module behind the glovebox.

I plsan to do the rear windows at a later date. This will require another 535T.

Here is a video of the final product:
https://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1139153/fullsize/video.mov
OK, what about this... I got the 535T, What if i wired like you and only used the front two windows for up because they are already one touch down. Could we not then use the other two circuits for the rear windows up only? Not sure if this is a do-able thing or not, but it looks to me that you have four options for 1. all windows one touch up, 2. all windows one touchdown, 3. front windoows one touch up and one touch down, or 4. rear windows one touch up and one touch down. I'm thinking there are some iterations that could involve both. I'm not an electrician, I drive ships for a living. so, if you hear from me again it will be yea (with a schematic attached), or nay (with unhappy face attached). Or if you don't hear from me at all I probably blew up!

Sponsored

OP
OP

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
OK, what about this... I got the 535T, What if i wired like you and only used the front two windows for up because they are already one touch down. Could we not then use the other two circuits for the rear windows up only? Not sure if this is a do-able thing or not, but it looks to me that you have four options for 1. all windows one touch up, 2. all windows one touchdown, 3. front windoows one touch up and one touch down, or 4. rear windows one touch up and one touch down. I'm thinking there are some iterations that could involve both. I'm not an electrician, I drive ships for a living. so, if you hear from me again it will be yea (with a schematic attached), or nay (with unhappy face attached). Or if you don't hear from me at all I probably blew up!
Couple things (and I am going of memory) however: 1) If you wire all four windows on one unit, you can only do auto up I believe and it only works with an alarm type unit, so for example you arm the alarm, all four windows go up. There is no one touch feature with four windows wired 2) I believe you could in theory wire the front to auto up only and the rear to auto up or down but not both. 3) Your 3 & 4 scenarios I believe are viable.

In the end, if you want one-touch up/down for all four windows, you need two units even if you only use one touch up for the front due to the std one touch down that newer jeeps come with. I hope that makes sense.

OP
OP

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
OK, what about this... I got the 535T, What if i wired like you and only used the front two windows for up because they are already one touch down. Could we not then use the other two circuits for the rear windows up only?
To answer this question, yes, I believe you could wire the rear up only with the other two circuits...

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 Renegade Trailhawk
Did you hook the arm input up to the factory keyless/alarm, an aftermarket alarm or nothing? I’m going completely from memory which isn’t very good. If I remember correctly the DEI window modules should give you one touch up and down without having them hooked to an arm/disarm input? I have a couple window modules kicking around I was thinking of using for that purpose. I do miss the one touch up & down, being able to vent and have them roll up with an alarm arm on a pervious car. It was very nice.

OP
OP

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
Did you hook the arm input up to the factory keyless/alarm, an aftermarket alarm or nothing? I’m going completely from memory which isn’t very good. If I remember correctly the DEI window modules should give you one touch up and down without having them hooked to an arm/disarm input? I have a couple window modules kicking around I was thinking of using for that purpose. I do miss the one touch up & down, being able to vent and have them roll up with an alarm arm on a pervious car. It was very nice.
I thought about it but have not. Need to figure out what wire(s) to use.

Timmybung

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (4-door)
OK, as promised. Here is a brief write-up of my adding one-touch up to my front windows.

1st, you need to obtain a module to help with this.I purchased the DEI 535T. I have used similar DEI modules with great success. This is their newest one and it works really well.

I removed the HVAC console. It just pops off so work your way around the edges and pull:
image1.jpg

Next you remove the window switch control panel, there are two screws:
image2.jpg

Next I tested the wires with a voltmeter:
image3.jpg

My wire colors were as follows:
Driver Up: OG/GN
Driver Down: OG/W (thick wire)
Passenger Up: OG/BN
Passenger Down: OG/V

I only wired the Up switches because the Down switch is already one-touch.

Next I just followed the instructions for wiring the 535T. You have to splice the Jeep wires so be sure you cut with enough room to splice the wires back together in the future if need be. I zip tied the 535T module behind the glovebox.

I plsan to do the rear windows at a later date. This will require another 535T.

Here is a video of the final product:
https://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1139153/fullsize/video.mov
Is this the wiring diagram you followed?
Thanks!
IMG_20190127_111333328.jpg

Sponsored

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
Very nice! That’s something Jeep should have done when they built these things.

Timmybung

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Successfully completed this project today, will post notes and pictures later tonight.
This pic shows right before I started splicing wires; turns out there are a bunch of wires off the module you don't use and several grounds that can be common; makes it way easier than when you open the box and see countless wires.
IMG_20190127_133236362.jpg

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
Great mod, but those of you with with small children and pets please be extra careful as the window rises with considerable speed and force.

We plan on introducing a plug-and-play version later this year with automatic safety anti-pinch (auto-reverse) technology, auto up, global (all windows at once) and remote features.

Last edited:

Timmybung

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's the new thread I wrote adding in pictures and details.
Thanks!