Sponsored

Auto windows (Up & Down)

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Years ago I had a yellow lab who managed to step on the up button while her head was out the window. I was oblivious until I smelled something awful. She literally scared the shit out of herself by getting her head stuck. It was a 90s Honda and the windows obviously didn’t automatically go down (or at least not with a dog standing on the button).

Sorry, I had to share that. I still laugh when I think of it, though at the time I was none too pleased with the log on my backseat.
LOL! So, does anyone know if this mod will stop the window if it detects resistance? Out of curiosity, I just did a test a few minutes ago and manually held the up button, put my hand on the window and pushed down. It would not stop. I'm wondering if this mod in the thread has a safety feature.
Sponsored

TurboCopter

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT
LOL! So, does anyone know if this mod will stop the window if it detects resistance? Out of curiosity, I just did a test a few minutes ago and manually held the up button, put my hand on the window and pushed down. It would not stop. I'm wondering if this mod in the thread has a safety feature.
The window will stop if the sensor built into the DEI module detects any "noise" on the line. That noise is created by any increased resistance that is created by an obstacle such as a finger, hand, leg, dogs neck. You name it, the window will stop.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
It’s kinda hard to accidentally hit the buttons on a Jeep though with where they are positioned, so really anti pinch isn’t as big of an issue with us as it is in other vehicles. Still an issue, just not as bad.

MI_JLUR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I completed the install a couple of weeks ago and wanted to post some picks with markups for those of us who are a bit intimated by wiring mods. A side note about the stopping the upward movement, it can happen two ways: 1) resistance from closing on an object 2) hitting either up or down on the windows. I thought I would have to tie another wire into it for that to work, but pressing up or down stops the auto up.

73E0B7E0-038E-4E16-805A-E48390BC8F28.jpeg

0054B0F3-0078-4D3B-8476-CD4F0365F89D.jpeg

002B4336-5308-4ED9-8732-7F8FBF2F5ADB.jpeg

1DBD3F22-5FDB-4F0A-9FF5-824228DE11D5.jpeg

71F511E3-37C6-4D25-800C-773C3122D5C6.jpeg

OP
OP

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
Weird, I cannot stop it with the down button, only the up button...

Sponsored

Timmybung

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (4-door)
Weird, I cannot stop it with the down button, only the up button...
With mine I can stop it with the down button, but only if I click hard enough to actuate the factory auto-down. If I do that the window will stop (not go auto down).

OP
OP

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
Gotcha

MI_JLUR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Now I’m going to check my windows again. I’m fairly certain I can stop it both direction.
Now I’m going to my Jeep to check the windows again. :)
With mine I can stop it with the down button, but only if I click hard enough to actuate the factory auto-down. If I do that the window will stop (not go auto down).
I double checked for my own sanity and it stops when press the up button again or pressing the down button

Sponsored

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
Best estimate I have for a plug and play kit with auto safety reversing at this time is late this year.

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner