Not open for further replies.

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Well, my dealer thought I wanted to pay MSRP and when I confronted him, I found out how inflexible the dealer was. I suggest you push them and tell them you’re walking if they won’t answer your questions.
Mine was adamant about only honoring the 1% below for affiliate pricing. Talked them into another 2% off after showing a Dillon’s build & price quote. I’d cut tail and run before paying MSRP.
Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Dealer guy, you have any advice on my situtation... I have been having trouble with my dealer not giving me a final price for my jeep and locking down financing. I feel like they are dragging it out in order to negotiate once the jeep is already here and it gives them more leverage? Maybe just dragging their feet.

Everytime I contact my dealer I can get her to give me a final price. Should I try and get ahold of the sales manager? I have been very non high maintenance throughout the process and havent really bugged them at all.

I just dont want to be delivery day and they play hardball all of a sudden. I am a little worried as my wait is approaching 3 months and if it were to fall through I'd be staring at another 2-3 months.
You could ask Koon's for a quote and use it as a way to force the conversation.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
Welcome to our Ask-a-Jeep-Dealer Thread where our resident Jeep Dealer (JLWF Dealer Guy) will be answering questions you have related to the Wrangler ordering, pricing and buying process.

For any order tracking related questions, please use our Official Tracking Thread.

FAQ:

Hi, I have been calling Jeep to see where my Sahara's at, is that not easier.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
Welcome to our Ask-a-Jeep-Dealer Thread where our resident Jeep Dealer (JLWF Dealer Guy) will be answering questions you have related to the Wrangler ordering, pricing and buying process.

For any order tracking related questions, please use our Official Tracking Thread.

FAQ:

okay, I'm hoping this is my order and not the dealers. On my POC sheet that was faxed to me says sold to: (the dealers name) ship to: (the dealers name). However, at the bottom left hand corner it says this:
Order Type: Retail
Scheduling Priority: 1-Sold Order
Customer Name: Our names
Customer Address: our address

I can not fine anywhere on the POC sheet where it has or says 4EA or 4EX. Your thoughts?

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Mine was adamant about only honoring the 1% below for affiliate pricing. Talked them into another 2% off after showing a Dillon’s build & price quote. I’d cut tail and run before paying MSRP.
I showed my former dealer Koons quote and he didn’t even acknowledge it :cwl:

Sponsored

snelldogg

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC Sahara ETA 2/3
Seems as though Jeep is slowing down the ordering of Sport Hardtops. Though i ordered a Sahara my dealer sent me this today. This also confirms manuals needing the limited slip diff.

jeep bulletin.jpg

pickles61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL - Firecracker Red
I showed my former dealer Koons quote and he didn’t even acknowledge it :cwl:
When I showed my local dealer they didn't even try to match it, they told me good luck getting that price and if you do get it, come by with the Wrangle and show it to us when you get it. I will be doing that since I will be using them for service and don't want to have any issues with getting service from them.

They basically said no way you are getting that price, but then again when I got there the salesman took out the inventory book to see what he had in stock - this was back in December

LMontes

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1994 XJ
Occupation
Business Owner
@JLWF Dealer Guy Is it true that if you ordered the all weather floor mats you no longer get the carpet mats? Which would not make sense because when building it online, it doesn't say "delete carpet mats" and every other vehicle manufacture gives you both for when you need all weather floor mats you use those, when not, carpet. Plus would have cost me the same if I ordered them after receiving my jeep, thus have both sets for the same cost. If this is true, what is the likelihood of my dealer getting the carpet mats for me?

norjet

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nordicclick.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee Ltd.
Occupation
Digital Marketer, Volunteer Firefighter
Seems as though Jeep is slowing down the ordering of Sport Hardtops. Though i ordered a Sahara my dealer sent me this today. This also confirms manuals needing the limited slip diff.

jeep bulletin.jpg

So the Power Top is still mysteriously not showing up on the build process? Bummer.

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, anyone thinking of ditching the dual tops in favor of keeping the hard top and ordering the power top at a later date? Pros/cons?

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
So i see they are releasing the late availability colors next month, Any word on the tan top and the allblack wheels?

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
I
So, anyone thinking of ditching the dual tops in favor of keeping the hard top and ordering the power top at a later date? Pros/cons?
ordered the freedom top since power top wasn’t available. If you can buy the power top separately that might be the way to go...

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I
ordered the freedom top since power top wasn’t available. If you can buy the power top separately that might be the way to go...
Thank you. I should ask. Hi @JLWF Dealer Guy, if we opt out of the dual top, will we be able to order the power top later? Does anyone know the price point on it?

Last edited:

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Thank you. I should ask. Hi @JLWF Dealer Guy, if we opt out of the dual top, will we be able to order the power top later? Does anyone know the price point on it?
We don't know a price point on it. I can only assume with the controls and wiring, the installation, while possible, would be stupid expensive. If you want the power top, order it from the factory. Aftermarket price is going to make you puke if its available.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.