Not open for further replies.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
All seems good. I'm not sure how it could go backwards though. Never had that happen and all of my Jl Orders are stuck in D for now. None reverted back to C. Especially on a true sold order, not a stock configuration.

Bobbygreen

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-door Sahara JL
Hey Dealer guy,

I had a botched order for a 2-door JK Sahara with a dealership in RI. They gave me new purchase agreement for same price/options however for 2-door JL Sahara (with official order going in next month or early jan).

Question for you: Is 2-door Sahara JL definitely not an option anymore??

newJLUguy

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Hello everyone!:bow:
Hi - Can you confirm whether or not the cold weather package on the Sport adds larger tires? It does when I build a Jeep online but not sure if that carries over to this year. Fingers crossed! :fingerscrossed:

Thanks for all the input so far! Your comment about having "4EA" on the order helped!

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
Hi Dealer Guy, any word on when we can order a 2 door?
Mr. Dealer Guy, when will we read any news on the planned diesel platforms, JL 2 door, or integration with a 6 speed manual?

Sponsored

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Hey Dealer guy,

I had a botched order for a 2-door JK Sahara with a dealership in RI. They gave me new purchase agreement for same price/options however for 2-door JL Sahara (with official order going in next month or early jan).

Question for you: Is 2-door Sahara JL definitely not an option anymore??
99.9% not available for the JL. Not 100% because FCA is not predictable other than they have no imagination when it comes to naming vehicles and probably pay 5 millennials way too much money to regurgitate names from 50 years ago. Hey, what do you think about, the 200? It is recognizable. How about, the Pacifica? Those sold. Hey Bob, you still drive that Aspen? Hows your Black Aspen? I digress but that a whole other discussion. Just hit a sore spot for me.

Last edited:

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Hi - Can you confirm whether or not the cold weather package on the Sport adds larger tires? It does when I build a Jeep online but not sure if that carries over to this year. Fingers crossed! :fingerscrossed:

Thanks for all the input so far! Your comment about having "4EA" on the order helped!
You need a 24s instead of a 24b to be able to get the cold weather group, which in turn, makes you get the larger wheels on a JK. For JL, not sure. The cold weather package includes the remote start which needs the power locks, windows and mirrors which is why you need the 24s on the HK and the JL

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Mr. Dealer Guy, when will we read any news on the planned diesel platforms, JL 2 door, or integration with a 6 speed manual?
Diesel, as we know is mid year next year. As far as the integration with the manual, which is everyone’s big question out there. It remains to be seen. In my opinion if they use the current Diesel engine it would be a mistake. That being said, there is no reason for them to not use it. Same engine across 3 lines. But the lag sucks and I personally wouldn’t want it if I’m making a second or third attempt on a steep slippery climb. The diesel Is out for me unless it is tweaked or new.

Sponsored

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
Diesel, as we know is mid year next year. As far as the integration with the manual, which is everyone’s big question out there. It remains to be seen. In my opinion if they use the current Diesel engine it would be a mistake. That being said, there is no reason for them to not use it. Same engine across 3 lines. But the lag sucks and I personally wouldn’t want it if I’m making a second or third attempt on a steep slippery climb. The diesel Is out for me unless it is tweaked or new.
I didn't realize there was a considerable turbo lag; I'm assuming this is what you're referring to. This is the first time I have heard of this issue with an EcoDiesel. Do you know if the new 6 speed manual is strong enough to handle the diesel's considerable increased torque?

Last edited:

newJLUguy

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
You need a 24s instead of a 24b to be able to get the cold weather group, which in turn, makes you get the larger wheels on a JK. For JL, not sure. The cold weather package includes the remote start which needs the power locks, windows and mirrors which is why you need the 24s on the HK and the JL
Thanks for the input - my order currently has the 24S package added so I'll stay optimistic that it'll come with more aggressive tires. Really hoping for it - that's the one thing I really want!

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
@JLWF Dealer Guy Do you think your dealership will be a madhouse when the JL is launched? Or just a few wackos like us who wan't the new Jeep too much.

I'm in the Jeep bubble and I see what changed but most people I show the JL too say it looks the exact same as the JK - can't say I blame them.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
@JLWF Dealer Guy Do you think your dealership will be a madhouse when the JL is launched? Or just a few wackos like us who wan't the new Jeep too much.

I'm in the Jeep bubble and I see what changed but most people I show the JL too say it looks the exact same as the JK - can't say I blame them.
Wait until they see them side by side. This thing will be bigger and look a little more masculine. I'm not dissing the JK, because I love my JK. I think photos won't do justice to the JL. You'll see a difference on the road, I think.

QuarterAfter

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford
I have a quick question, does anyone know what the safety package comes with. My wife has always been on the fence because of safety for rear seats on an unlimited model. Does anyone know yet if the new 2018 will have rear side airbags? I know the 2017 has it in just the front. But the rear is the deal breaker for the wife. Thank you!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.