Asfir skid plates

Kijijeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Xtreme Recon and 2017 JKU Sport
I ordered their oil pan skin plate and I am from Canada. Their shipping was really really fast! They DHL to me in less than 2 weeks! Faster than any company than I deal with local or from US! Do not have a chance to install it yet but the quality looks good to me.
What did DHL charge you for duty/tax?

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I beat The crap out of mine. It ain’t pretty anymore but it is tough as hell.
Any pictures of yours Installed? Interested to see how they handle the sharp AZ rocks.

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
Hi, just a heads up to let you know that I was not able to mount the ASFIR engine and gearbox skid plate because of clearance issues with my Rough Country differential skids. No fault of ASFIR, just not a good combination. Too bad as I really like the idea of the low weight coverage. The ASFIR transfer case skid plate went on easily.
I have this same combo and took a grinder to the upper half of the RC front diff skid mount where it was contacting the ASFIR skid mount. Fits great now.

Jarg1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 1997 911 (aka 993), 2021 Telsa 3
Occupation
Jeep modder, among other things.
I have this same combo and took a grinder to the upper half of the RC front diff skid mount where it was contacting the ASFIR skid mount. Fits great now.
Good to know, thanks. I may try that. Do you have a pic of them mounted together? I was also considering notching the engine skid to get them to clear.

Sponsored

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
Good to know, thanks. I may try that. Do you have a pic of them mounted together? I was also considering notching the engine skid to get them to clear.
I don't but I'll try to get one this weekend for you. The RC skid will "self clearance" the ASFIR plate, since the RC is steel. After a while even the light rubbing stopped for me.

MILT

First Name
Milt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Honda technician
I’ve had the asfir skids for 2 yrs. and the RC front diff cover. Didn’t have any problems with the combo. They’ve held up very well, but don’t get a lot of abuse

Hercules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 2500 Longhorn, 2022 JLURD
Just ordered Asfir engine and transfer case skids for my 21 JLURD. Free shipping. I hear they’re good. Can’t wait to get them on. Those of you who have their fuel tank skid, did you have to drop the oem tank to take the oem skid off?
Sponsored