Sponsored

Artec Nighthawk Sway Bar Disconnect Protector?

baz

First Name
Baz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Unlimited 2019
I'm looking at getting the Artec Nighthawk front bumper: https://www.artecindustries.com/JL_NightHawk_Tube_Front

One of the options is: "Yes I want to protect the Sway Bar Disconnect under my bumper! [+$149.99]"

Anyone have experience with this? Is it a separate piece or connected to the bumper? Are sway bar disconnect protectors worth it in general? Does it show or is it mainly for function? Anyone have a pic to share?
Sponsored

OP
OP
baz

baz

First Name
Baz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Unlimited 2019
I got rid of it and went to a Currie AntiRock
I was looking at that. Does it work perfectly, any issues? Does the disconnect button in the rubi work with it fine?

The other bumper I was looking into is the Genright Ultra Clearance Aluminum: https://genright.com/products/ultra-clearance-jl-front-bumper-w-trail-guard-bar-aluminum.html

But it requires cutting as well as switching to the Antirok because the "ultra clearance model requires cutting off some small posts off the frame that support the factory front sway bar skid plate."

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
I have both artec bumper and lower skid installed

It ties into the bottom of the bumper with preexisting holes and into the frame when it drops for the air dam support. You do have to drill out larger holes on the frame to install rivnuts and it is right in that area. It protects the sway bar disconnect module very well and is tucked up as good as it can be but if you plan on removing the sway bar disconnect it have Anon Rubicon it's not worth it

https://www.artecindustries.com/JL_NightHawk_Swaybar_Skid

Reactions: baz
OP
OP
baz

baz

First Name
Baz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Unlimited 2019
I have both artec bumper and lower skid installed

It ties into the bottom of the bumper with preexisting holes and into the frame when it drops for the air dam support. You do have to drill out larger holes on the frame to install rivnuts and it is right in that area. It protects the sway bar disconnect module very well and is tucked up as good as it can be but if you plan on removing the sway bar disconnect it have Anon Rubicon it's not worth it

https://www.artecindustries.com/JL_NightHawk_Swaybar_Skid
Do you have pics!? How do you like the bumper? What did you do for the rear, it's annoying it doesn't incorporate the licence plate, so I'm looking for a different brand for the rear.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have pics!? How do you like the bumper? What did you do for the rear, it's annoying it doesn't incorporate the licence plate, so I'm looking for a different brand for the rear.
I'll try and remember to grab pics in the morning, don't really have any good ones, I like it the quality is good and solid construction.

One thing to note I just remembered is the fog lights you have to do some trimming of the mounting bracket (the plastic fog light not the bumper) to make them fit for rubicons and Sahara with plastic bumpers or you can get after market jk fog lights or a light pod as they give you mounting options for both

Sponsored

OP
OP
baz

baz

First Name
Baz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Unlimited 2019
One thing to note I just remembered is the fog lights you have to do some trimming of the mounting bracket (the plastic fog light not the bumper) to make them fit for rubicons and Sahara with plastic bumpers or you can get after market jk fog lights or a light pod as they give you mounting options for both
I thought they were saying that if you have a rubi plastic bumper the fog lights that come with it fit, but others, like steel bumper lights, do not - you confirmed that your plastic bumper fogs did not fit without cutting?

I'll try and remember to grab pics in the morning
Would be great! Back bumper too if possible.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forgot to mention the rear I went with a rockhard 4x4 rear bumper with tire mount the only one I found that I liked how it incorporates the license plate, I don't like the tree snaggers some pages use and for the tire relocation brackets I didn't like the idea of fishing with every time I go to use my spare

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought they were saying that if you have a rubi plastic bumper the fog lights that come with it fit, but others, like steel bumper lights, do not - you confirmed that your plastic bumper fogs did not fit without cutting?

Would be great! Back bumper too if possible.
They may have updated the design I did this in April 2018 so one of the first see pic of what I had to trim

MVIMG_20180421_150327.jpg

Reactions: baz