Gaxmode

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Hey all. Tried searching to no avail.

Will be going to Rausch Creek for the first time this weekend and will manually disconnect my sway bars.

Does anyone have any insight/experiences I should know about? First Jeep.

Thanks
Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

Will be going to Rausch Creek for the first time this weekend and will manually disconnect my sway bars.

Thanks
Just take them all the way off don’t try to tie them up, if they become loose or in a bind you will loose them or do some damage. If you do this more often than not get yourself a set of JKS quick disconnects they are inexpensive, solid, and will save a lot of time. Don’t take them off until you get to the creek. Depending on the levels of trails you will be on you may not even need to take them off.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks
The first time out with my wife I just removed the driver side lower link and tie wrapped it to the sway bar itself. We went to a local park(all we have close to town is mud) so I didn't think I would need to disconnect. Watching her lift the rear tire a few times I decided to go that route and didn't have any issues.
The rear bar is so thin that there really is no need to disconnect it.

kurt rustle

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 2.0T
Vehicle Showcase
If you do this more often than not get yourself a set of JKS quick disconnects they are inexpensive, solid, and will save a lot of time.
I'm thinking about getting these (not yet lifted but probably won't go beyond 2"). This is my first Jeep so hope you don't mind me asking: should I consider other upgrades or is the stock (Sahara) suspension + quick disconnects + good tires all I really need for mild-offroading?

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'm thinking about getting these (not yet lifted but probably won't go beyond 2"). This is my first Jeep so hope you don't mind me asking: should I consider other upgrades or is the stock (Sahara) suspension + quick disconnects + good tires all I really need for mild-offroading?
That would be a good start for mild off-roading. Once you start you will learn if you will benefit from any other modifications. You can even just remove your sway bar links the first couple of times - depending on your definition of mild the links can stay connected as well.

Sponsored

jfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Living the dream

Thanks
This may be obvious, but you said first jeep so.... When reconnecting, try to find level ground. You may need a buddy to pick up on one side of the jeep or another to line everything up.

Like others have said, get you a set of JKS disconnects if you plan on disconnecting every now and then.

Swanny297 got it right.... I think you'll find your vehicle is plenty capable for "mild" off-roading even without disconnecting or any other upgrade. Hell, around here, "mild" means I don't even get to use 4wd. Results may vary... take a buddy incase your mild turns into wild. Have Fun.

OP
OP
Gaxmode

Gaxmode

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
This may be obvious, but you said first jeep so.... When reconnecting, try to find level ground. You may need a buddy to pick up on one side of the jeep or another to line everything up.

Like others have said, get you a set of JKS disconnects if you plan on disconnecting every now and then.

Swanny297 got it right.... I think you'll find your vehicle is plenty capable for "mild" off-roading even without disconnecting or any other upgrade. Hell, around here, "mild" means I don't even get to use 4wd. Results may vary... take a buddy incase your mild turns into wild. Have Fun.
I went ahead and had the jks disconnects installed about 4 months ago.. beautiful thing.

Turns out jeepers are helpful people and someone saw I was having a hard time and just leaned on the side of the Jeep for me... perfect.
Sponsored