Are sunshades worth it?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
More air in the hair... or lack there of in my case. Ha!
Oh, do the shades let air pass through, then? That’s cool. Can you close the soft top over it?
Sponsored

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Thanks for posting all those pictures. With the top up it looks like you can't even see the flag? (base on the pic) but can you confirm this? I figured the flag would still be visible with the top up...

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
My favorite mod to date. Also you supposed tall guys in this thread need to realize you are NOT PROPORTIONAL. Grow longer legs and shave down the torso weirdos... I am 6'3" and have never hit my head on anything in my JL... SpiderWebShade ftw, leave it on when the hard top goes on and off.

As for OP, I have a 4 year old and an 8 year old. It was the reason I got the sunshade to be honest. I didn't want my little ones getting burned while they were enjoying running around town with the top off. :)

https://www.spiderwebshade.com/jeep-products/jeep-type/jl-4-door/jl4d/

lKLGt64.jpg

lmQHyEV.jpg

EDIT: I just realized the reason I don't hit my head is because the spiderweb shade attaches in the front under the windshield so it keeps the front part of the shade held up and taught out of the way as opposed to the JTop shown above. Don't be scared of folding the windshield down for install, might have been the easiest part of the install to be honest...
I spy a porsche in the reflection of your jeep. it looks nice!

joshua.mcguoirk

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 JLS, 1997 TJ & 2003 KJ
Thanks for posting all those pictures. With the top up it looks like you can't even see the flag? (base on the pic) but can you confirm this? I figured the flag would still be visible with the top up...
Nope. Just the titanium color as pictured.

Sponsored

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Lol that's my 911 Turbo, my other "weekend car". My two weekend cars share DD duty though!
911 + Wrangler = the 2 most iconic cars one can drive

a 911 will be my next purchase. I really like the 997.2, I hope they don't skyrocket up in value before I am ready to buy one.

WazSupDog

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n Orange JL Sahara
I've had the JTops shade installed for a few days now and I love it so far.

Oh, I'm 6'5" and I also don't really understand the feedback about hitting your head on it. I've not had an issue yet and I wear a ball cap all the time.

I'm in SoCal and it makes a huge difference from being under the crazy hot sun.

TnSwtHrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Stingray
We are also tall and have little people. I have a hard top and dont like the look of the soft top out right now. I dont like how it sticks out in rear when sides are off. I'm considering the sunshade that only covers the back seat or waiting for aftermarket. Hopefully those will be sooner than later.

Rach

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 2 Dr JL Sport S
As a pale person who drove topless for 75 miles today...it was awesome having the top off but my skin currently wishes I had had a sunshade. Thinking this will be my next purchase.

Sponsored

SuperSixOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Occupation
Techie
I am from Central CAL. Its typically sunny and 65-75 year round here. I got a JTops USA sunshade for my birthday. I am told it shipped fairly quickly maybe 12 days? I haven't put it on just yet because I need to establish room in my garage to store the hardtop. I can't wait to get the top off before it starts to "cool down".

I live on the coast, mornings are misty and foggy from fall to early spring. I don't have leather seats. To combat the mist I am looking to purchase some inexpensive seat covers. Additionally, I just picked up a MasterTop 11110609 Cab Cover. I work ocean side and will throw the cab cover on to prevent seagull intrusion. I am told it has been a problem by coworkers. I will review and give more feedback soon. I know it sounds like overkill. It's my first Jeep...

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mastertop/cab-cover-door-flaps-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-jl

k.daddy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Cherokee SRT, 2019 Wrangler Moab
Can you put the cab cover over your soft top in place ..lets say if the doors were off ? or can you lower your soft top and use the cab cover? or does it only work without a top on the vehicle?

joshua.mcguoirk

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 JLS, 1997 TJ & 2003 KJ
Can you put the cab cover over your soft top in place ..lets say if the doors were off ? or can you lower your soft top and use the cab cover? or does it only work without a top on the vehicle?
Not sure what you mean by cab cover. The top is independent of roof and doors. So, doors on, doors off, no matter. Works with both soft top and hard top, just order the right model.
Still very happy with mine.

k.daddy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Cherokee SRT, 2019 Wrangler Moab