Sunshades

Fdcjames

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler
Before I bought my JL I was looking at used JK’s. One of the things on my list to get for the jk was a sunshade to give some protection from the sun for my kids. Question now is with the safari mode on the JL is it still worth it to get the sunshade?
Sponsored

Kaliks&Bones

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
We've only had our JLUR for 2 weeks now and have been running Safari mode almost every day of it and I just ordered a JTops sun shade. Reason being that the Safari mode just kind of looks odd the more I look at it. It's super convenient and if you like the way it looks it works great but it just reminds me of a Bimini top on a boat and not the way a Jeep is supposed to look. I think Safar mode might look good with the doors off but when they are on it's just not quiet what I'm going for, and I mostly exist for the approval of others ;)

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
If you plan to put the top all the way down, get the shade.

If you never plan to go topless and just run in safari mode, no shade needed. ( But that should be illegal)

Me and my kids love topless driving, but the sun can kick your butt and you won't even realize your a lobster lol
If it isn't raining and over 50 degrees, my top is down

I got the rugged ridge eclipse shade I will be installing this weekend, spring finally here.

You can put the top down with the shade installed, so it's a 1 time install.

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
I run Alien Shades with my Hardtop. Have a hoist in garage, Jbarr. Can go from top on to off in 5 min. Leave the shades on either way.
Sponsored