Sponsored

ARB on-board air compressor mount/install?

mintswitch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone seen any guides or videos on installing the on-board ARB compressor (the single one) inside the engine bay? I have the 2.0 engine if that matters at all. I also do have the AUX switch package so that should make install a lot easier as well.

https://www.arbusa.com/air-compressors/on-board-air-compressors/

I've seen some videos on JK installs with the JK mounting bracket, but can't seem to find much information regarding JL. I can't even seem to find a mounting bracket for the JL either. ARB does sell a 'portable' kit that actually has the air compressor mounted inside a little plastic case that I could use in the meantime.
Sponsored

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Eddie worked with a fab guy on [Banned Site] to build and sell a ARB single compressor mount. PM me for more info if you cant find it.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Here’s how the aforementioned ACM mount by Eddie looks after mounted. Driver side fender has to come off for install. Wheel removal is not necessary. Also an extension is not needed as you are able to reach in behind the fender and plug in your hose.
Jeep Wrangler JL ARB on-board air compressor mount/install? 565D210A-8DB4-4DEA-954F-E853C45136E6

Guy Jepsy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018+ Rubicon JLU
What size tires on your JL? I have 37’s and needed the twin. My ARB twin mounted under a Hooke Road rear shelf on a JL. Custom metal cage to isolate hot compressor and allow airflow. Then using a Airflate tire gage/hose combo to inflate all 4 tires at one time. Shelf keeps all the heavy dangerous stuff secured in case of roll-over and compressor ready at the flip of a switch.. Note: ARB twin on my old TJ kept blowing fuses from the heat under the hood. So I wanted to keep compressor cool on this one.

8A6D6B89-FE62-4F5C-B091-ABD9DA71A681.jpeg

9D2203BD-170F-491E-A9CE-775D64B979A6.jpeg
Sponsored