ARB air compressor mount question

FRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 4x4, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
You powered your compressor from AUX4? Good luck. Aux 1 or 2 will work for a single, but not 3 or 4. And for a winch to work from Aux switches it has to be toy car winch :), unless you meant control the relay for the winch. And if latter is true, than why do you need 40 amp switch to control a relay?
Why so snarky? There are a number of different ways to approach this mod. There is no one way. I’m just sharing what worked for me. My single works perfect off aux four. I used the ACM bracket in the wheel well with the remote chuck. I slipped a short section of bicycle inner tube over the chuck to keep it clean of mud. I might sew the open end of it up to close it off.

My ARB single HO compressor has a relay for the wiring harness to connect to. Wiring harness rus to the aux pig-tails near the battery.
As far as the winch—I have not purchased one yet. Looking at the Warn Zeon 10S. But not in a hurry. I’ll research it before I install it. None of this is rocket science. Just take some time, read up, follow the directions. Easy day.

5E4F94C3-7FAA-4283-A6D6-B0A98968E106.jpeg

B1606697-C6B0-4074-9B8D-A160BF1D1372.jpeg
Sponsored

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Why so snarky? There are a number of different ways to approach this mod. There is no one way. I’m just sharing what worked for me. My single works perfect off aux four. I used the ACM bracket in the wheel well with the remote chuck. I slipped a short section of bicycle inner tube over the chuck to keep it clean of mud. I might sew the open end of it up to close it off.

My ARB single HO compressor has a relay for the wiring harness to connect to. Wiring harness rus to the aux pig-tails near the battery.
As far as the winch—I have not purchased one yet. Looking at the Warn Zeon 10S. But not in a hurry. I’ll research it before I install it. None of this is rocket science. Just take some time, read up, follow the directions. Easy day.

Jeep Wrangler JL ARB air compressor mount question B1606697-C6B0-4074-9B8D-A160BF1D1372

Jeep Wrangler JL ARB air compressor mount question B1606697-C6B0-4074-9B8D-A160BF1D1372
Sorry, I had a hard day that day. The way you describe it now is the correct way and my dual ARB is connected the same way.
Once you get the winch and see size of the power wires you'll see right away why connecting a winch directly to Aux switches is a bad idea. As you mentioned above none of this is rocket science :)

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Old thread, but thought I would give some input. I have the Grimm mount. Overall pretty to install. two bolts are a little bit of a pain, but just take your time. I put red loctite on mine so they didn't back out. Used it in Moab, and worked awesome. Had 3 tires filled in the time it took most people to do one with the Viair pumps. Little warning. The chuck gets very hot when used a lot. That's not cause of where it's mounted, it's common with the compressors. I would highly recommend the mount.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Old thread, but thought I would give some input. I have the Grimm mount. Overall pretty to install. two bolts are a little bit of a pain, but just take your time. I put red loctite on mine so they didn't back out. Used it in Moab, and worked awesome. Had 3 tires filled in the time it took most people to do one with the Viair pumps. Little warning. The chuck gets very hot when used a lot. That's not cause of where it's mounted, it's common with the compressors. I would highly recommend the mount.
What fender liners do you have? That's a common question from those looking at the Grimm compressor mount. Factory liners leave a lot of available space behind them, but some aftermarket liners are too high tuck to fit a compressor behind them. I've seen some who have cut holes in their liners to clear the compressor, but that defeats the point of the liner in the 1st place.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the factory liners. I was looking at the American adventure lab ones, but they don't know if they will work. According to Grimm website the Evo ones will work.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I have the factory liners. I was looking at the American adventure lab ones, but they don't know if they will work. According to Grimm website the Evo ones will work.
I've got the AAL liners and can't imagine fitting a single ARB behind them, much less the twin. These are possibly the highest tucked liners on the market.
Jeep Wrangler JL ARB air compressor mount question 20200827_085847

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got the AAL liners and can't imagine fitting a single ARB behind them, much less the twin. These are possibly the highest tucked liners on the market.
Jeep Wrangler JL ARB air compressor mount question 20200827_085847

I was afraid of that. Guess I'll be getting the Evo ones. Really wanted the AAL liners.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)