Sponsored

Anything wrong with running RC adjustable front control arms?

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
You’ll be surprised when you get the arms by how beefy they are, they’ll work fine with the Mopar kit. In the rear you can just get a track bar relocation bracket if you want. It raises the track bar which will center your rear axle.

The main reason you don’t just use a relocation bracket in the front is because it raises the track bar which gets it out off parallel with the drag link, which leads to bump steer.

As far as a steering stabilizer goes, IMO , I would get a thru shaft ss since your going with 37/13.50s. You can wait to see how your oem ss does, and decide then. It’s not something you have to do right away. If you do go with an ats ss, I would relocate it to top of the tie rod, to get it out of harms way as well. The synergy relocation kit is what I used before I got my new adjustable thru shaft ss , it has its own tie rod clamp.
holy crap!!! You were not kidding. The arms are MASSIVE. Kind of a chore getting them in. Very happy. Thank You

it’s just a matter of adjusting them correctly now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Don't forget to loosen all 16 control arm mounting bolts and retorque them after the jeep is back on the ground.
Are those the only ones to leave loose before lowering? I have found several issues with the instructions already.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Are those the only ones to leave loose before lowering? I have found several issues with the instructions already.
After doing anything that changes ride height, its always best to make final adjustments of the control arms and both track bars when its back on the ground and sitting at a neutral ride height. Once that's done, all 8 control arms and front and rear track bar mounting bolts can be torqued down. After a 100 or so miles, dance around all hardware that was touched, to make sure its still properly torqued. Its best to catch something that decided to work loose, before it can cause a bigger issue.

Even if you don't replace some arms or track bars, its still best to loosen them and retorque at the new ride height.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
After doing anything that changes ride height, its always best to make final adjustments of the control arms and both track bars when its back on the ground and sitting at a neutral ride height. Once that's done, all 8 control arms and front and rear track bar mounting bolts can be torqued down. After a 100 or so miles, dance around all hardware that was touched, to make sure its still properly torqued. Its best to catch something that decided to work loose, before it can cause a bigger issue.

Even if you don't replace some arms or track bars, its still best to loosen them and retorque at the new ride height.
thought so. Thank you sir.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
make final adjustments of the control arms and both track bars when its back on the ground and sitting at a neutral ride height.
Super important!!! Torque wrenches are worth every dollar. Torque everything to spec on the ground at neutral ride height.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Super important!!! Torque wrenches are worth every dollar. Torque everything to spec on the ground at neutral ride height.
Took the afternoon. Forearms are shot, but I got it. Kinda surprised it came out closer to 4”

37s are on and ended up being exactly what I was shooting for. Thank you guys for the help. Pics to follow. It was dark when I left the shop.

RV Wrench

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Cherokee, 93 Wrangler, 19 Wrangler
I run the RC front and rear adjustable track bars and front lower arms. Excellent products!