Sponsored

Anyone Using Lang Coyote Side View Mirrors?

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
I just received these mirrors today and haven't had a chance to take doors off and do a test run with them since its been raining here in NC. If anyone else is using these I'm wondering about the possibility of damaging the paint since these bolt on a painted area. They come with a 3M protective film to stick on the back side of the aluminum mirror bracket but I'm just a little skeptical.

Overall the assembly looks solid enough. The mirror stem is made of solid aluminum round stock instead of a hollow metal tube. The only area of weakness I see right away is the plastic backside of the mirror and bracket on it. Probably won't be an issue since these will only be used a couple of trips each year. They'll never see speeds above 55 MPH either. My wife will be with me with doors off and I've been told that driving fast with no doors is grounds for divorce.

0325211440a (1).jpg

0325211445.jpg

0325211441.jpg
Sponsored

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys
I bought them last door off season and wasn't too happy with them at first. They would move a lot when driving, even at slow speeds. I started to carry a leatherman with me so I could over tighten the screw to keep them from moving. Ultimately, I drilled a dimple in the mirror arm for the set screw to tighten into, and now they work perfectly. I can take them on and off very quickly and they don't move anywhere

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I bought them last door off season and wasn't too happy with them at first. They would move a lot when driving, even at slow speeds. I started to carry a leatherman with me so I could over tighten the screw to keep them from moving. Ultimately, I drilled a dimple in the mirror arm for the set screw to tighten into, and now they work perfectly. I can take them on and off very quickly and they don't move anywhere
That confirms my concerns with them moving. Easy enough to remedy. I'll most likely do what you did to fix the moving problem. I'll find a sweet spot for the arm and make it semi permanent. The final adjustment is at the round spot mirror any way.

Being able to put these on and remove quickly is why I got these. I'll just leave the brackets in place since they won't be in the way.

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys
That confirms my concerns with them moving. Easy enough to remedy. I'll most likely do what you did to fix the moving problem. I'll find a sweet spot for the arm and make it semi permanent. The final adjustment is at the round spot mirror any way.

Being able to put these on and remove quickly is why I got these. I'll just leave the brackets in place since they won't be in the way.
Thats what I did. Good plan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
IT Nerd
I just received these mirrors today and haven't had a chance to take doors off and do a test run with them since its been raining here in NC. If anyone else is using these I'm wondering about the possibility of damaging the paint since these bolt on a painted area. They come with a 3M protective film to stick on the back side of the aluminum mirror bracket but I'm just a little skeptical.

Overall the assembly looks solid enough. The mirror stem is made of solid aluminum round stock instead of a hollow metal tube. The only area of weakness I see right away is the plastic backside of the mirror and bracket on it. Probably won't be an issue since these will only be used a couple of trips each year. They'll never see speeds above 55 MPH either. My wife will be with me with doors off and I've been told that driving fast with no doors is grounds for divorce.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone Using Lang Coyote Side View Mirrors? 0325211441

I bought them last August and got quite a few rides in before the season was over. I didn't have any issues with loosening, but I think I cranked them down pretty tight when I initially put them on. They are super easy to take off and on once they are installed so that is great. I put the 3M tape on the paint and once the bracket is screwed in, it is quite solid and barely scratches the tape let alone the paint. Other than being a bit spendy, I'm quite happy with them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I bought them last August and got quite a few rides in before the season was over. I didn't have any issues with loosening, but I think I cranked them down pretty tight when I initially put them on. They are super easy to take off and on once they are installed so that is great. I put the 3M tape on the paint and once the bracket is screwed in, it is quite solid and barely scratches the tape let alone the paint. Other than being a bit spendy, I'm quite happy with them.
Good to know they are actually easy to put on and take off except for the bracket. Did the paint on your jeep get scratched or the paint on the mirror assembly?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I've have these for about a year with no problems. No vibration, movement, damage, scuffs, etc. to the painted surface. Love 'em.

Reactions: eck
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Nerd
Good to know they are actually easy to put on and take off except for the bracket. Did the paint on your jeep get scratched or the paint on the mirror assembly?
I said that wrong, I only scratched the 3M tape very lightly when installing it. No scratching on the paint. I did leave the tape as the full square and wish I had trimmed it before putting it on, but it is a very small annoyance. Mine came with a scratch on the bracket but it is not really noticeable unless the light hits it right. Like it does here below :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone Using Lang Coyote Side View Mirrors? 210327_173932

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I said that wrong, I only scratched the 3M tape very lightly when installing it. No scratching on the paint. I did leave the tape as the full square and wish I had trimmed it before putting it on, but it is a very small annoyance. Mine came with a scratch on the bracket but it is not really noticeable unless the light hits it right. Like it does here below :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone Using Lang Coyote Side View Mirrors? 210327_173932
Mine have different thumb screws than your's. Unless you simply swapped them for those in the picture. I think I like what you have.

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Nerd
Mine have different thumb screws than your's. Unless you simply swapped them for those in the picture. I think I like what you have.
Nope, those were the screws mine came with. I just keep a crescent wrench in the tool bag in case they do come loose :)

Sponsored

REAWS6

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Rubicon 4xe
Mine came with both the thumb screws and allen wrench ones. I went with thumb screws and have to just make sure i get them tight so the mirrors dont move.

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nope, those were the screws mine came with. I just keep a crescent wrench in the tool bag in case they do come loose :)
Here is the type of thumb screws mine came with.

Edit: And the set screws.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone Using Lang Coyote Side View Mirrors? 0329211508

Last edited: