First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
BTW, here's a great video to watch on taking it on/off... this guy has a great system. This is how I do it too, except I don't tie down the straps unless it's really windy and I just roll it up and store it in the bed. Easy pessy!
That video is very helpful. He wasn't struggling with the wind like I'll surely be at the North Carolina Outer banks. Stuff like this acts like a kite when the wind is blowing and will get yanked from your hands lol.

So, for those who may not be aware, the winds at the Outer banks will pick up sand and pelt your windshield and it leaves the windshield with a lot of tiny scratches/chips all over. This cover will keep most of the rain and the sand out and also prevent this windshield damage too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Here is the Raingear before and after install. Takes about 5 minutes to unroll, spread out and hook straps. I spent about 3 additional picking the ideal places to hook straps. My rear LOD Destroyer bumper provided the perfect attatchment! My only gripe is the amount of cover piled on the spare tire Mount. I guess the Rusty's setup is a bit higher than the factory setup.

0328211632a_HDR.jpg

0328211645_HDR.jpg

0328211646.jpg

gsyoung

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU North Edition
Here is the Raingear before and after install. Takes about 5 minutes to unroll, spread out and hook straps. I spent about 3 additional picking the ideal places to hook straps. My rear LOD Destroyer bumper provided the perfect attatchment! My only gripe is the amount of cover piled on the spare tire Mount. I guess the Rusty's setup is a bit higher than the factory setup.

0328211632a_HDR.jpg

0328211645_HDR.jpg

0328211646.jpg
I use a rain gear cover as well. Love it!

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So which RainGear cover did you end up with? Are these pictures with or without your soft top folded down? Thanks!
I got the one called a Trail cover. My Jeep doesn't have a soft top on it. Although this cover looks like it could accommodate a soft top.

Sponsored

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Is it attached secure enough to flat tow behind an rv with rain gear cover installed?

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It's made of pretty durable material but I feel like highway speed winds would cause some undesirable effects.

It doesn't strap down enough at the leading edge of the doors and at the bottom of the windshield. Looks like the wind could get under there and cause lots of pressure while being towed.

I wouldn't recommend doing it.

RoxyRubicon4xe

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I know this is an older thread but I am trying to decide on a rain cover and wanted to know if anyone had any other recommendations or if Rain Gear is the best one. I am a female (with muscles:)) but did wonder how hard it would be for me to take on and take off. Just asking:)....

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It does weigh a little bit when rolled up and bagged. It's pretty easy to unroll and get positioned alone, minus wind. Add wind to this process and you really need two people.

I practiced putting mine on to determine the best method for me by myself.

The Rain Gear cab cover stays in place with gusty winds on the outer banks here in North Carolina.
Sponsored