First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
I'm planning a beach trip this summer and I'll be taking the hard top and doors of my JLUR. The beach house has no sheltered parking so I'll need to cover it at times. Looking for some cab cover ideas.
Sponsored

Hadoken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave (on order)
I had the rain gear cover for my JKU and had good luck with it. Never tested it during NC summer storms but it worked fine for regular rain during a few camping trips.
https://www.raingearcovers.com
I can’t comment on their JLU models, haven’t picked one up yet.

gsyoung

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU North Edition
I've got Rain Gear on my 2020 JLU here in FL and love it. I take my hardtop off for weeks at a time and have a JTop sunshade that i keep on when I go topless. When I go to the beach, softball fields, or anywhere I either want to minimize the chance of rain, beach sand, etc... or just want a lil privacy from prying eye's I'll put on my Rain Gear. I haven't really had it out during a heavy storm (and since I keep it garage parked), so I can't give a testimonial for how it handles rain storms... but it's great to have in your back cab "just in case". It's high quality and fit is great... I'd recommend one for those reasons.

Micky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
noticed your NC location. am assuming you are going to the outerbanks. if so, can always park under a neighbors house. Its what i do. but ussually take doors off only (no safe place to keep hardtop).

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
noticed your NC location. am assuming you are going to the outerbanks. if so, can always park under a neighbors house. Its what i do. but ussually take doors off only (no safe place to keep hardtop).
Yes, I always take at least one trip to the outerbanks which is where we're going. Salvo to be exact. I've rented beach houses that have parking underneath but still somewhat open and the moisture accumulation is pretty bad overnight plus sand blows in. I've used a tarp before but its a big pain to use when the wind is blowing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I've got Rain Gear on my 2020 JLU here in FL and love it. I take my hardtop off for weeks at a time and have a JTop sunshade that i keep on when I go topless. When I go to the beach, softball fields, or anywhere I either want to minimize the chance of rain, beach sand, etc... or just want a lil privacy from prying eye's I'll put on my Rain Gear. I haven't really had it out during a heavy storm (and since I keep it garage parked), so I can't give a testimonial for how it handles rain storms... but it's great to have in your back cab "just in case". It's high quality and fit is great... I'd recommend one for those reasons.
Which Raingear do you have? I found one called a trail cover that states it will not fit over a bikini top.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Anyone know if the JK raingear fits the JL? I haven't tried it yet. I still have my JK one

gsyoung

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which Raingear do you have? I found one called a trail cover that states it will not fit over a bikini top.
I'd suggest giving them a call to make sure their definition of a "bikini top" matches what you think it is. I have the "trail cover" because I got it to use when my hardtop is off. I have a Jtop on as well... everything works perfectly together.

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'd suggest giving them a call to make sure their definition of a "bikini top" matches what you think it is. I have the "trail cover" because I got it to use when my hardtop is off. I have a Jtop on as well... everything works perfectly together.
I ordered the Raingear trail cover today. Should be here by end of week. Can't wait to do a test fit and see how long it actually takes me to put on and take off.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nole_Dynasty

First Name
Seminole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I ordered the Raingear trail cover today. Should be here by and of week. Can't wait to do a test fit and see how long it actually takes me to put on and take off.
Post back with your results. Also have a few trips planned for NC/SC beaches and also looking for something similar. I run a aliengear shade but doubt that would get in the way of this.

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Post back with your results. Also have a few trips planned for NC/SC beaches and also looking for something similar. I run a aliengear shade but doubt that would get in the way of this.
Will do!

gsyoung

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered the Raingear trail cover today. Should be here by end of week. Can't wait to do a test fit and see how long it actually takes me to put on and take off.
BTW, here's a great video to watch on taking it on/off... this guy has a great system. This is how I do it too, except I don't tie down the straps unless it's really windy and I just roll it up and store it in the bed. Easy pessy!
Sponsored