Sponsored

Anyone Running General Grabber X3's?

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
I appreciate the review! Are yours the C-rated version? I'm guessing the main issue on the highway is noise, or does it wander a bit? I've driven mud tires that do have some tendency to wander.
Oh that's a good question, I chose E for reasons at the time. The ride is not rough, they are probably the least noisy mud tires I've had, handles fine, but heavier crosswinds or passing a semi tends to be white knuckle.
Sponsored

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
I'm looking to move to a slightly more aggressive tire sometime down the road and the X3's have my attention. I've heard good things about them in snow (they have some siping) and they come in a 35x12.5x17 in a C load rating, so that's a win. I also happen to like the red letters.

Does anyone have experience with the X3's they'd like to share? I run a wide variety of off-road trails, including rocks, sand, mud, hard pack, and combinations of all. So I like a tire to be a good compromise, being solid at ust about everything they've incountered. I've found the KO2 to be good across the board, but was thinking of something just a little more aggressive, but the C-rating is essential. I've had E rated tires for 75k on my JKUR and won't go back to the stiffer ride they provide.

I've got time. My KO2s are still in good shape, but I'll move them on with enough tread left that I can still sell them.
I am also considering these X3 in load C. My only concern is that the maximum psi for the load index is 35.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I am also considering these X3 in load C. My only concern is that the maximum psi for the load index is 35.
I'm running stock rims, so I tend to run lower pressure to avoid excessive wear in the middle of the tread, or at least to reduce it. Usually 28-30 psi cold.

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm running stock rims, so I tend to run lower pressure to avoid excessive wear in the middle of the tread, or at least to reduce it. Usually 28-30 psi cold.
wow, that's low. even the door says 37psi. I have an Unlimited Rubicon with the falkens M/T and I run 37 psi on the road. With tire rotation I have even wear. maybe you have a different tire.

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wow, that's low. even the door says 37psi. I have an Unlimited Rubicon with the falkens M/T and I run 37 psi on the road. With tire rotation I have even wear. maybe you have a different tire.
37 on the tire gauge cold which reads 40-42 on the dash while driving.

Sponsored

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
If you buy X3’s and use them as they are intended consider D, or what I did E. If you’re thinking C for highway comfort you should consider something more pedestrian like KO2’s.

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20210116_161815.jpg

I've been running the x3's on my truck in an e load rating, not exactly apples to apples with a jeep. They are very quite on the road for an Mt. Work much better in the mud than the ko2's. Not quite as good in the snow.
Can you comment more about the snow performance? I am considering this tire but I have to consider snow here in Michigan. I have Falken wildpeaks MTs and I have not had any problems on snow plus I took them off road in snow and they performed great. Was wondering if it would be any different than my current falkens in the snow.
Sponsored