First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Here she is the day I picked her up. Wheels are Fuel "couplers" 20x10 on 35"x12.5 Hercules TG Max...as mentioned ADD front and rear stealth fighters. Thats likely it for now. Tire pressure I'm running 45lbs as max pressure on these was 65lbs!

IMG_6495.JPG
IMG_6496.JPG
Looks great! I love the front bumper and would like to see the rear. When you said it rode stiff i knew you were running 20's. I'm running 20" mudgrapplers and they're really stiff and hard riding so I'm going back to 17's.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RUSTYS

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Do me a favor, go to discount tires website and find me a non E-Rated 35x12.50r20... It's very hard to find a 35 or 37" tire for a 20" wheel that is not E-Rated.
Heavy as hell too!

ATX_SAHARA

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Have the factory spare off and installing the relocation bracket sometime today, Ill gladly post more pictures once complete. And ill drop the tire pressure down as mentioned, thanks for the replies and advice!

OP
OP
RUSTYS

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Have the factory spare off and installing the relocation bracket sometime today, Ill gladly post more pictures once complete. And ill drop the tire pressure down as mentioned, thanks for the replies and advice!
Thanks. I've run the Fabtech stuff in the past on my trucks and it's really nice. I'm thinking of going with the setup you bought and getting shocks later when we start seeing more choices.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Today. I went to the Dallas Market Hall where four wheel parts has their annual off-road show. There were lots of manufactures there with JLs JKs and trucks and lots and lots of wheels and tires. Fabtech had a JL with thier 3-inch lift on it I took so many pictures of Jeeps there It look pretty good and it sit really high with 37's. If I remember right I think he said it was around $700 with shocks and springs I am pretty sure it was close to the price I talked to so many people there today.. like I said I took so many if I remember right I think this was the one that had the Fabtech 3-inch lift it. yes it is i just zoomed in and it is the Fabtech springs i can see the name on them. It was a Sahara though so on a Rubicon it would sit a little higher
20180520_155831.jpg
20180520_155843.jpg

ATX_SAHARA

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Looks good on 37's! Kinda wish I had gone bigger but it might not fit in the garage...Had a slight taste of mud in a developing community extension after the rain yesterday. Nothing to brag about but still fun

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Looks good on 37's! Kinda wish I had gone bigger but it might not fit in the garage...Had a slight taste of mud in a developing community extension after the rain yesterday. Nothing to brag about but still fun
Yes you're right a Rubicon with the 3 inch Fabtech in 37 would be pretty close in the garage
Yes the Fabtech 3-inch on a Rubicon with 37s would be close
in a regular garage with a standard 7 foot door

JJW_ND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
Do me a favor, go to discount tires website and find me a non E-Rated 35x12.50r20... It's very hard to find a 35 or 37" tire for a 20" wheel that is not E-Rated.

Just adding a few 35" tall 20" tires as that is the wheel size I am leaning towards. But I want narrow and light as possible. Nitto's are there Trail Grappler and Coopers are the SST Pro.
  • Cooper 35X12.50R20LT - E65 - 34.7 Tall - 12.4 Wide - 69 lb
  • Nitto 35x11.50R20LT - E80 - 34.8 Tall - 11.42 Wide - 70.4 lbs
  • Cooper LT295/65R20 E80 - 35.4 Tall - 11.7 Wide - 68 lbs
A few 37" tires on the list that are tall and narrow
  • Cooper 37x12.50R20LT - E65 - 36.8 Tall - 12.6 Wide - 77 lbs
  • Nitto 37x11.50R20LT - E80 - 36.8 Tall - 11.42 Wide - 77lbs
.....and yes they are all Load Range E as these are the same tires 2300/3500 trucks run which expands the market and use.

Just as a comparison with weight...here would be the two 17" wheel 35s or 37s in the same tires
  • Nitto Q35x11.50R17LT - C50 - 34.8 Tall - 11.42 Wide - 72.6 lbs (Load Range C but still heavy as other 35s).
  • Cooper 37X12.50R17LT - D50 - 36.8 Tall - 13 Wide - 77 lbs (load range D but still heavy)
  • Nitto 37x12.50R17LT D D50 - 36.9 Tall - 13.43 Wide - 84.8 lbs....really heavy and a load range D.
jjw
ND

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I would still like to know where Cooper cuts the weight on their 37 12.50 17 over other tires. They're 10 lb lighter than a Toyo Open Country Mt. It would have to be in the rubber or the belts and still last as long. I'm not a tire expert and I don't think anyone on here is when it comes to making tires or designing them. We just know what we read and what they say. That's a lot of weight 10 lb per Tire to cut off and not lose any longevity of the tire over another. I'd like to know where they cut the 10lbs. I'd like to go with the Cooper stt Pro it looks really good but I just like to know how many miles people are getting out of them. And I know it varies on a mud tire because if you're off roading and stuff like that but the average what are people getting ?

OP
OP
RUSTYS

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I would still like to know where Cooper cuts the weight on their 37 12.50 17 over other tires. They're 10 lb lighter than a Toyo Open Country Mt. It would have to be in the rubber or the belts and still last as long. I'm not a tire expert and I don't think anyone on here is when it comes to making tires or designing them. We just know what we read and what they say. That's a lot of weight 10 lb per Tire to cut off and not lose any longevity of the tire over another. I'd like to know where they cut the 10lbs. I'd like to go with the Cooper stt Pro it looks really good but I just like to know how many miles people are getting out of them. And I know it varies on a mud tire because if you're off roading and stuff like that but the average what are people getting ?
Thinner sidewalls.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Thinner side walls? That can't be good if you're rock climbing in it is it ?

OP
OP
RUSTYS

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Thinner side walls? That can't be good if you're rock climbing in it is it ?
You're right. I know a lot of people who run them and do a lot of rock climbing and love them. I think the Nitto tires probably have the thickest sidewalls but that's just my 2 cents.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I have the 35 12.50 17 right now in the Goodyear was MTR only because I got a really good deal on them that I could not turn down. They say it has the kevlar sidewall extra heavy-duty for puncture BS. I came out to my garage one morning and the tire was flat it has punctured the sidewall just going down the highway on something. it's not as thick as they say it is
Sponsored