First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Just wondering if anyone was running the new Fabtech 3" spring lift or anyone has installed one? After doing some research this seems to be the one I'm going with and was just curious if any of you are running it.
Sponsored

ATX_SAHARA

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Have it on my sahara. Ordered the k4106 (without shocks). As cheap as the next kit is Id likely have done the kit WITH shocks. The ride is significantly stiffer and Im told the 35's we put on grab more of the road and will likely need a dual or upgraded SS. Have yet to get the new shocks or SS but when/if I do ill follow up. Otherwise I like the fabtech product.

OP
OP
RUSTYS

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Have it on my sahara. Ordered the k4106 (without shocks). As cheap as the next kit is Id likely have done the kit WITH shocks. The ride is significantly stiffer and Im told the 35's we put on grab more of the road and will likely need a dual or upgraded SS. Have yet to get the new shocks or SS but when/if I do ill follow up. Otherwise I like the fabtech product.
Thanks for the reply. Wow I'm kind of surprised that the ride seems stiffer with the dual rate springs. what tires and size are you running? Would love to see some photo's.

Rusty,

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Did you install the lift & wheels/tires at the same time? If so, what is the pressure in your tires? I run 37's with the factory steering stabilizer and don't really feel the need for a steering stabilizer... Just curious if the stiffness in ride is at all attributed to the tires. I install a lot of kits for customers that ride just like factory with their original wheels/tires. If I do both at the same time, the ride usually takes a hit from the E-Rated tires most people have me install(Even though I typically advise against it.)

OP
OP
RUSTYS

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Did you install the lift & wheels/tires at the same time? If so, what is the pressure in your tires? I run 37's with the factory steering stabilizer and don't really feel the need for a steering stabilizer... Just curious if the stiffness in ride is at all attributed to the tires. I install a lot of kits for customers that ride just like factory with their original wheels/tires. If I do both at the same time, the ride usually takes a hit from the E-Rated tires most people have me install(Even though I typically advise against it.)
Yeah I haven't heard of anyone complaining about a stiff ride or any talk of dual SS. You see everyone at Moab and non seem to have aftermarket stabilizers.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Just wondering if anyone was running the new Fabtech 3" spring lift or anyone has installed one? After doing some research this seems to be the one I'm going with and was just curious if any of you are running it.
When I think of Fabtech i think of super dutys. Back when i have one of my 5 super duty F 250 and F350 thats all we used on our lifts. They were one of the best when it came to the diesel super duty's. I dont think i would want to try them on my jeep.Nit when you company's specializing in just jeeps like rock krawler and teraflex

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I haven't heard of anyone complaining about a stiff ride or any talk of dual SS. You see everyone at Moab and non seem to have aftermarket stabilizers.
Yeah, I typically don't recommend upgraded steering stabilizers unless it's one of the adjustable through shaft design. I like the ability to make my steering really stiff on long highway rides and completely soft while offroading.

When I think of Fabtech i think of super dutys. Back when i have one of my 5 super duty F 250 and F350 thats all we used on our lifts. They were one of the best when it came to the diesel super duty's. I dont think i would want to try them on my jeep.Nit when you company's specializing in just jeeps like rock krawler and teraflex
Teraflex makes nice quality kits, but they do not ride soft IMO. I installed a 2.5" Teraflex Sport S/T2 Suspension system with Falcon shocks on a customers otherwise stock JKU Rubicon yesterday and the ride was really stiff even with the shocks set full soft. I also don't like how short their springs are in comparison to other 2.5" kits requiring spring retainers to hold the springs in place so they don't unseat at full extension. Today I put a Rough Country kit 3.5" kit on a similar JKU with control arm drop brackets(Non Rubicon, but had Rubicon wheels/tires) and it rode much softer on road. I'm sure the tTeraflex is far superior in high speed offroad situations(Especially with those shocks), but on road the ride was night/day.
The Teraflex felt more like a sporty car, where as the RC had more of a plush luxury car feel(If a Jeep can be compared to either lol)
I hope they change that for the JL as I really like most of the parts that Teraflex offers, just not a huge fan of their stiffer springs on the JK...

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yeah, I typically don't recommend upgraded steering stabilizers unless it's one of the adjustable through shaft design. I like the ability to make my steering really stiff on long highway rides and completely soft while offroading.

Teraflex makes nice quality kits, but they do not ride soft IMO. I installed a 2.5" Teraflex Sport S/T2 Suspension system with Falcon shocks on a customers otherwise stock JKU Rubicon yesterday and the ride was really stiff even with the shocks set full soft. I also don't like how short their springs are in comparison to other 2.5" kits requiring spring retainers to hold the springs in place so they don't unseat at full extension. Today I put a Rough Country kit 3.5" kit on a similar JKU with control arm drop brackets(Non Rubicon, but had Rubicon wheels/tires) and it rode much softer on road. I'm sure the tTeraflex is far superior in high speed offroad situations(Especially with those shocks), but on road the ride was night/day.
The Teraflex felt more like a sporty car, where as the RC had more of a plush luxury car feel(If a Jeep can be compared to either lol)
I hope they change that for the JL as I really like most of the parts that Teraflex offers, just not a huge fan of their stiffer springs on the JK...
Chris i wish you explain that and make those people who have NEVER even tried anything from rough country but talk about how bad it is and how its junk and will break. BUT they have never even tried anything from them. they do spend a lot of time and research when they make their products. some of their things are made good

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Chris i wish you explain that and make those people who have NEVER even tried anything from rough country but talk about how bad it is and how its junk and will break. BUT they have never even tried anything from them. they do spend a lot of time and research when they make their products. some of their things are made good
People that talk bad about Rough Country kit must have been early adopters(before I started installing their kits), had them improperly installed(I see this a lot on budget kits), or are mad b/c they spent 5x as much for a kit that's essentially the same.
I install more RC kits than anything mostly due to the price(Probably 10x as many), but I have installed or run almost every manufacturers kits on JK's. The only RC kit I ever had a complaint about was when it was installed with wheel/tires the customer brought me at the same time. He went as far as wanting me to pull the kit since he didn't believe the tires were causing the stiff ride. I insisted we swap back to the factory wheels/tires since it would be a lot easier than taking everything back off(And I knew what the end result would be.) He couldn't believe it, and actually kept the factory wheels/tires and ended up selling his E-Rated 35" tires and 20" wheels.
I can say out of the 100 or so 3.5" RC kits I've installed that only one or two early kits came back with bad/leaking shocks, and RC was very quick to send a replacement set.

My only other real complaint about the current RC kits are the use of control arm drop brackets... I can't stand them due to loss of ground clearance, although they do a better job of keeping a factory like ride than just fixed lower control arms that used to be included with their JK kits.

Oh, and as with many other "budget" kits their shocks while valved for a nice/soft ride aren't the best quality. I'd be interested in trying a set of their new Vertex shocks, but I'm having a hard time convincing customers looking at entry level kits to fork up the money for those.

With all that said, I always piece together my personal kits to obtain the most suspension travel possible with my wheel/tire/fender combination. I don't typically buy "kits" b/c most are made to work with a wide variety of setups rather than my exact combination.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
People that talk bad about Rough Country kit must have been early adopters(before I started installing their kits), had them improperly installed(I see this a lot on budget kits), or are mad b/c they spent 5x as much for a kit that's essentially the same.
I install more RC kits than anything mostly due to the price(Probably 10x as many), but I have installed or run almost every manufacturers kits on JK's. The only RC kit I ever had a complaint about was when it was installed with wheel/tires the customer brought me at the same time. He went as far as wanting me to pull the kit since he didn't believe the tires were causing the stiff ride. I insisted we swap back to the factory wheels/tires since it would be a lot easier than taking everything back off(And I knew what the end result would be.) He couldn't believe it, and actually kept the factory wheels/tires and ended up selling his E-Rated 35" tires and 20" wheels.
I can say out of the 100 or so 3.5" RC kits I've installed that only one or two early kits came back with bad/leaking shocks, and RC was very quick to send a replacement set.

My only other real complaint about the current RC kits are the use of control arm drop brackets... I can't stand them due to loss of ground clearance, although they do a better job of keeping a factory like ride than just fixed lower control arms that used to be included with their JK kits.

Oh, and as with many other "budget" kits their shocks while valved for a nice/soft ride aren't the best quality. I'd be interested in trying a set of their new Vertex shocks, but I'm having a hard time convincing customers looking at entry level kits to fork up the money for those.

With all that said, I always piece together my personal kits to obtain the most suspension travel possible with my wheel/tire/fender combination. I don't typically buy "kits" b/c most are made to work with a wide variety of setups rather than my exact combination.
I know I've heard the E Rated Tire is pretty stiff but if you air it down maybe it'll be okay. I just really want to run the 37 13.50 bad I just want that wider look then the 37's 12.50. it's just to narrow for me that's my personal opinion that's why they make Different Strokes for different folks

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Here she is the day I picked her up. Wheels are Fuel "couplers" 20x10 on 35"x12.5 Hercules TG Max...as mentioned ADD front and rear stealth fighters. Thats likely it for now. Tire pressure I'm running 45lbs as max pressure on these was 65lbs!

IMG_6495.JPG
IMG_6496.JPG
Looks great! Drop the pressure to 32psi max....(I'm assuming they are E-Rated being 20's?)
Your kidneys and wallet will thank me later... Tires should have a much flatter contact patch and last longer with the lower pressure(Chalk test for best results.)

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Looks great! Drop the pressure to 32psi max....(I'm assuming they are E-Rated being 20's?)
Your kidneys and wallet will thank me later... Tires should have a much flatter contact patch and last longer with the lower pressure(Chalk test for best results.)
35 12.50 is not going to be an E Rated Tire

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
35 12.50 is not going to be an E Rated Tire
Do me a favor, go to discount tires website and find me a non E-Rated 35x12.50r20... It's very hard to find a 35 or 37" tire for a 20" wheel that is not E-Rated.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Do me a favor, go to discount tires website and find me a non E-Rated 35x12.50r20... It's very hard to find a 35 or 37" tire for a 20" wheel that is not E-Rated.
Okay maybe in a 20 realized and think about the 20 maybe they make them all in 20s mine on my JK is a Sea Ray to tire
Do me a favor, go to discount tires website and find me a non E-Rated 35x12.50r20... It's very hard to find a 35 or 37" tire for a 20" wheel that is not E-Rated.[/guess I didn't realize 20s make a difference my Goodyear MTR is a 35 12.50 17 is a C-rated tire. I guess when it comes to a 20 there's less tire so they want to make it thicker
Sponsored