Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
At 22k miles now and want to do an intake cleaning for maintenance. Anyone do this yet either at dealer or on your own? I do this with Seafoam on my other vehicles but I'm 100% certain that I will throw a ton of error codes and potentially make a lot of problems.
Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Theres no way in hell im squirting a product of dubious origins in any of my cars intake while under warranty. If something goes wrong, the service department will point and laugh at you.

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the useless information. I guess it's karma for all of my smart a$$ posts I've made... lol.
I've used the stuff with great success for many years on many cars, but none of them so computerized as this Jeep. I might need to suck it up and have the dealer perform the factory approved version which isn't a heck of a lot different than using Seafoam or the Mopar intake cleaner.

KingTtn1

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Thanks for the useless information. I guess it's karma for all of my smart a$$ posts I've made... lol.
I've used the stuff with great success for many years on many cars, but none of them so computerized as this Jeep. I might need to suck it up and have the dealer perform the factory approved version which isn't a heck of a lot different than using Seafoam or the Mopar intake cleaner.
Let dealer do, not worth risk if you weigh the balance.

Sure you could do but what if something goes wrong? Pay dealer be done w it...my opinion

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I am not there yet but will most like try sea foam - haven’t had any issues with it yet.

I would run about a 1/3 can in my JK through my brake booster hose slow enough to not stall, shut it down for a few minutes and fire it back up. The only code I ever got was a vacuum code due to the break booster injesting a bit of air. I have a trail dash on my JL so I can read and clear codes if any are thrown.

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I am not there yet but will most like try sea foam - haven’t had any issues with it yet.

I would run about a 1/3 can in my JK through my brake booster hose slow enough to not stall, shut it down for a few minutes and fire it back up. The only code I ever got was a vacuum code due to the break booster injesting a bit of air. I have a trail dash on my JL so I can read and clear codes if any are thrown.
They actually make an aerosol version now so you don't need to do it that way. It's got a long spray tube and "hook" to slip it in under the throttle body boot.
Without that trail dash I don't think I will try it on my own. Too risky but when you guinea pig it let me know :)
Sponsored