Sponsored

Any MB Quart System Install Tips & Tricks?

USAFREODRetired

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Like a few others, I pulled the trigger on the full Stage 6 MB Quart system with the MtnWest discount code.

Looking for tips, tricks, and recommendations for the installation.

When I have the dash apart, what else should I do? Anything else I should add to improve the system performance?

Anyone add fiberfill or Dynamat? Where and how much?

Any other items that would make installation faster, better, easier?

Thanks
Sponsored

VerservJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sportaharacon
Like a few others, I pulled the trigger on the full Stage 6 MB Quart system with the MtnWest discount code.

Looking for tips, tricks, and recommendations for the installation.

When I have the dash apart, what else should I do? Anything else I should add to improve the system performance?

Anyone add fiberfill or Dynamat? Where and how much?

Any other items that would make installation faster, better, easier?

Thanks
Dynamat the security module behind the driver knee speaker. You dont want to go back in there to fix that vibration later.

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I just did this very install today. I already had my soundbar cut for the 6X9s so I installed them a week ago. If you are using the AmpPro, make sure to read the dipswitch settings before turning it on for the first time. Follow the install directions on their website and you should not have any issues. The instructions do not specify, but you do need to connect the blue turn from the amp wiring to the AmpPro. I have to download their APP and do some adjustments from my laptop tomorrow. I will report back after that. I did dynamat the security module and put polyfill in the pods. I love that everything looks stock and can't wait for them to get a JL sub together.

OP
OP

USAFREODRetired

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Finished my install over the weekend. Thanks for the responses. Betwixt here and some of the other threads, it really saved me a lot of heartburn.

Since I drive an M/T, my firewall penetration is actually behind the cabin air filter, so wire routing was a little different but very straightforward. I added fiberfill to ALL of the cavities including the upper dash. Also installed some "Dynamat" like material in all the accessible areas possible, and this has made a huge difference.

I had the top and doors off driving I-25 yesterday and cranked up I could clearly hear the music cruising at 75.

The one major issue I have is the stock subwoofer. I didn't realize how much it would bother me, and I have to artificially keep the amp gain down low to balance out the underpowered sub. I reached out to MB Quart to get their subwoofer amp, but unfortunately, they are out of stock now due to supply chain issues. Now I REALLY want to replace the Alpine sub and amp. Once I figure out what will work for me (trying to keep the OEM look and stock housing as much as possible) this will be a major necessity.

Sponsored

i911fire

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
Finished my install over the weekend. Thanks for the responses. Betwixt here and some of the other threads, it really saved me a lot of heartburn.

Since I drive an M/T, my firewall penetration is actually behind the cabin air filter, so wire routing was a little different but very straightforward. I added fiberfill to ALL of the cavities including the upper dash. Also installed some "Dynamat" like material in all the accessible areas possible, and this has made a huge difference.

I had the top and doors off driving I-25 yesterday and cranked up I could clearly hear the music cruising at 75.

The one major issue I have is the stock subwoofer. I didn't realize how much it would bother me, and I have to artificially keep the amp gain down low to balance out the underpowered sub. I reached out to MB Quart to get their subwoofer amp, but unfortunately, they are out of stock now due to supply chain issues. Now I REALLY want to replace the Alpine sub and amp. Once I figure out what will work for me (trying to keep the OEM look and stock housing as much as possible) this will be a major necessity.
Hey there EOD, I'm an old FireDawg.

Anyway I just ordered the Sub amp (NA2-400.1) from amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VT7XSYC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and its in stock and half the price. I got it in 2 days. Im working with a local stereo shop tha is building a mounting ring for the stock sub box and adding a sub. Quart has a low profile 10 that will fit the box with a custom mounting ring. I went with a sub with a little more punch than the quart. Should have everything installed this week. There is another threat on here about the MB Quart system. We have had a lot of discussions over there about the sub.

OP
OP

USAFREODRetired

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hey there EOD, I'm an old FireDawg.

Anyway I just ordered the Sub amp (NA2-400.1) from amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VT7XSYC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and its in stock and half the price. I got it in 2 days. Im working with a local stereo shop tha is building a mounting ring for the stock sub box and adding a sub. Quart has a low profile 10 that will fit the box with a custom mounting ring. I went with a sub with a little more punch than the quart. Should have everything installed this week. There is another threat on here about the MB Quart system. We have had a lot of discussions over there about the sub.
Thanks for the tip on the availability of the amp on Amazon. Very helpful.

May I ask which sub you ultimately went with? I'm really liking the idea of just adding a mount ring.

i911fire

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
Thanks for the tip on the availability of the amp on Amazon. Very helpful.

May I ask which sub you ultimately went with? I'm really liking the idea of just adding a mount ring.

I went with the Skar VD-10. As soon as the ring is done, ill load some pics and give feedback on the sub.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Dead thread resurrection. @i911fire did you ever get the Skar sub into the stock enclosure? Skar says you need 0.65 cu ft and the factory enclosure is 0.5.

i911fire

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
I did. I had a ring made that set the sub out almost an inch. I sued that Scar 10 and I used the MB Quart amp that comes with the Gladiator system. It was great. However I removed all of the MB Quart stuff and sent it back. We could never get the alternator whine eliminated. Just some fluke with my jeep. However that sum and amp combo worked very well. I was very pleased.

Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did. I had a ring made that set the sub out almost an inch. I sued that Scar 10 and I used the MB Quart amp that comes with the Gladiator system. It was great. However I removed all of the MB Quart stuff and sent it back. We could never get the alternator whine eliminated. Just some fluke with my jeep. However that sum and amp combo worked very well. I was very pleased.
Did you need that extra inch to get the Skar 10 mounted? The JL 10TW3-D4 is only 3.25" deep and the Skar is 4.41".

i911fire

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
I actually had a local stereo shop build the ring. They used that thick MDF and covered it with black leather to match the grain and the interior. They cut the ring to match the existing mounting ring that is on the factory system. So that the SKAR would mount to the ring and the ring woudl mount to the original mounting holes in the factory box. That is really why it was so thick. They didn't want to do anything thinner so that it didn't have the chance of causing unwanted vibration noise.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How thick was the ring? I can get a 3/4” spacer ring off of Amazon. Would that be enough?

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks
Sponsored