First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Janitor
Well, generally welding cast steel to mild steel is something I avoid if possible. It has a tendency to crack easily.

I would not recommend redoing the work. Leave it alone and keep an eye out for cracks.

It will crack at or around the base metal. I am not concerned about the diff housing as much as the FAD housing.

Again, I am no pro at welding. I am a hobbyist at best, after years of projects you now have the extent of my knowledge / experience welding cast.
Sponsored

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
Man all these pictures of off-roading, and you all have your doors on!!

You haven’t lived until you try electric doors off off-roading!

installer88

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler unlimited, ordered 2021 rubicon 4xe
Well, generally welding cast steel to mild steel is something I avoid if possible. It has a tendency to crack easily.

I would not recommend redoing the work. Leave it alone and keep an eye out for cracks.

It will crack at or around the base metal. I am not concerned about the diff housing as much as the FAD housing.

Again, I am no pro at welding. I am a hobbyist at best, after years of projects you now have the extent of my knowledge / experience welding cast.
Thank you, and the more I know for next time. And thank you for the advice and I will keep a clos

Southeast here except my trip to the rubicon, and I didn’t know where to put my doors/top when I was 2,700 miles from home. Wheeling doorless is not exactly a good idea where I live. I have gotten mud inside my jeep twice from having the top down once and the windows down another.

OP
OP
Rocksmith

Rocksmith

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Janitor

Yeah where I live it's more of a candy crush issue.

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
I still have my Sahara 4xe totally stock. But it has done George Washington forest trails (beginner-intermediate) a couple of times, and it handled a bunch of driving in the 4x4 sand/beach of Carova Beach, NC (will be back there in a month). Love saving the battery until the trail, and love the electric only capability (just wish it lasted longer, only lasts about 15 miles in the sand!)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rocksmith

Rocksmith

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Janitor
Hopefully the software update will be soon. Ordered my gears today.
I wish I could tell you the gear issue would be resolved soon... the hard limit was set for a reason. I'm serious debating getting my tons with 4.11's and regear to 5.13 if the limit change becomes a reality.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rocksmith

Rocksmith

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Janitor
Building to crawl, the 4.50 limit on gear ratio is currently a bummer.
Jeep Wrangler JL Any 4xe crawlers? 6E16BC96-A294-4F6D-91EC-E94380766B6B
How is the hydro assist working for you? Do you see a big difference in the rocks?

installer88

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone tried HPtuners to change gear ratio? It has more adjustability than both tazer and JScan.

I wish I could tell you the gear issue would be resolved soon... the hard limit was set for a reason. I'm serious debating getting my tons with 4.11's and regear to 5.13 if the limit change becomes a reality.

OP
OP
Rocksmith

Rocksmith

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Janitor
Has anyone tried HPtuners to change gear ratio? It has more adjustability than both tazer and JScan.
Many have tried...

The limit was set by the engineers. Sure you can use a tuner to change the ratio. When you do it will kill ESC, ABS, TC and max regen.

installer88

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many have tried...

The limit was set by the engineers. Sure you can use a tuner to change the ratio. When you do it will kill ESC, ABS, TC and max regen.
No one that I know has tried hptuners, unless you know of someone that has. But it won’t work for everyone, it only works on the early production 2021 models. And you have to mail in your tcm to have it unlocked to change transmission data. You can’t remap your fuel/timing maps or transmission shift points with JScan or tazer. But you can with hptuners. It’s seriously powerful software.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
How is the hydro assist working for you? Do you see a big difference in the rocks?
Haven't had a chance to test it out yet in the rocks. We just "finished" her Jeep when I posted those pics, and with my son having a fairly major surgery next week it may be a while before we can take her out. I think once it cools down a bit (hit 107 yesterday) and he is recovered we would like to take it and my JT out to have some fun.
Sponsored