Sponsored

Any 4XE order date update???

StanleyCup99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler wannabe
Hey
Anybody hearing anything? With the “Coming in December“ thing one would think ordering would open up by now or soon-ish.
Sponsored

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
I need pricing. Ready to order if there is not a significant (10%+) premium after tax credit. Otherwise will just replace our 6spd JKUR with a copy, just gonna go from crush orange to hella yella.

Hasaf

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Information on this model is a good part of why I signed up here. I Currently have a Compass and as I approach the retirement countdown I am looking for a "last car." The compass just isn't it.

(my car history: VW Thing [type 181], Willys PU [with a creak and a groan, the parking brake failed and it rolled down an embankment. For all I know, it may still be there]. Following that was a CJ5. I got rid of it during a period that I was out of the country [and yes, I feel stupid for getting rid of it]. Then came a Suzuki Samurai, I ended up putting about 227K miles on it [it is still parked at my fathers. . . it was running when I parked in in 2006]. After returning to The States in 2014 I have been driving a Compass.)

The 4xe is a lot closer to what I want. I am interested in real-world MPG as pricing for petrol is obviously going to go up again. Then there is durability, how well the drive system seems to be holding up is also important. I realize that there is no way to gauge this other than to wait, but the Pacifica hasn't fared too well.

Another issue is the tow rating. I want to be sure that it will pull a 16ft Scamp trailer (~2000 Lb)Of course, I am also very interested in pricing. I am now a teacher, so pricing is a concern.

The Retirement countdown is about ten years, well, now it is about 9.75. . . but who's counting, right?

What that means is that I have time to think about it.

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
Information on this model is a good part of why I signed up here. I Currently have a Compass and as I approach the retirement countdown I am looking for a "last car." The compass just isn't it.

(my car history: VW Thing [type 181], Willys PU [with a creak and a groan, the parking brake failed and it rolled down an embankment. For all I know, it may still be there]. Following that was a CJ5. I got rid of it during a period that I was out of the country [and yes, I feel stupid for getting rid of it]. Then came a Suzuki Samurai, I ended up putting about 227K miles on it [it is still parked at my fathers. . . it was running when I parked in in 2006]. After returning to The States in 2014 I have been driving a Compass.)

The 4xe is a lot closer to what I want. I am interested in real-world MPG as pricing for petrol is obviously going to go up again. Then there is durability, how well the drive system seems to be holding up is also important. I realize that there is no way to gauge this other than to wait, but the Pacifica hasn't fared too well.

Another issue is the tow rating. I want to be sure that it will pull a 16ft Scamp trailer (~2000 Lb)Of course, I am also very interested in pricing. I am now a teacher, so pricing is a concern.

The Retirement countdown is about ten years, well, now it is about 9.75. . . but who's counting, right?

What that means is that I have time to think about it.
With respect to pricing, FCA has ~160,000 tax credits left. Those will effectively reduce the price by $7,500 while they last, which I doubt is more than 2 years. Once they're gone, folks have to pay full price, which will help the resale of the hybrids.

Thus, it may make sense to wait until they've worked out any teething issues in the first 6-12 months and then buy.

Finally, in this thread on the main board, there is an indication that pricing won't be released until Q1, which strongly suggests that ordering will begin then and deliveries may be Q2. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...2-concept-yesterday.59241/page-6#post-1275527

yngrshr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO
I would be pretty shocked if FCA's remaining credits only lasted 2 years.

Sponsored

yngrshr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO
true, for Tesla it lasted till 2018 (probably 5-6 years). Jeep won't have Tesla kind of volumes for a while. Also is it per brand? So Jeep and Chrysler will have separate credits?
I believe that FCA is all lumped together.
Sponsored