Sponsored

Antenna options?

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I have one of these on my JK and plan to put one on my new JLUR. Looks like from this thread that the antenna mount is the same from JK to JL. I really like this little stubby antenna. Its very small 3", stiff, goes through car washes without removal, does attract tree branches when wheeling, has retained its shape and color, and looks bad ass. I live in a major metro area and I still get many FM stations just fine, BUT it is rare that I listen to FM. I mostly do Sirius or music from my phone. If you do a lot of FM and need good reception this might not be the antenna for you. It has bad reviews only because many people ignorantly expect similar performance to their stock 3 foot antenna.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007PV1Z42/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the responses so far. Appears it is as i expected . I do like the look and think the height is a good compromise between the stock 31 and the short 13" replacement. Kinda wanted red ( liking the look with my BW JL) but thinking I am just going to pull the trigger on the 24" CB "style" Antenna X. CB antenna mount will come later. Really hope the Cool Tech guys decide to sell there JL CB mount and hardware without the antenna and cable. Have several antennas and cables from prior jeeps and don't need any more. Really like there stuff and have used it before on prior models.
Another forum member recommended this 13" one in red: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CW1211Q?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf&th=1

Cream1316

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu
Occupation
mechanic
Why doesnt my jk antenna fit my jl now ??? Doesnt thread in easily i dont wanna coff up more money for a new antenna arent they the same???

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
I've been kinda eyeballing this but I don't want it to mess with my XM radio. The reviews say it doesn't so I may order and just see how it does and switch back if it isn't sufficient enough.

FC1AEB20-745A-40B7-B113-E857EC33AB58.png

D848DAF6-D078-45EA-A631-14A0E872899C.png
If you are in the country anything less than stock is useless for FM. When my XM subscription runs out my stubby comes off.

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
If you are in the country anything less than stock is useless for FM. When my XM subscription runs out my stubby comes off.
I don't use FM. I'll continue paying for XM
Sponsored