Sponsored

Another new arrival

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Another new arrival. Ordered in FEB2022, was expecting to get punted to 2023 as some have stated they have. Dealer rep called and said, "Your Jeep will be ready for pick up at 0930 tomorrow morning". He sent me pics of it going through the detail process. The detailers made two fatal flaws, the armor-alled the tires and didn't deflate the tires down to the door stated pressures, they were at 52PSI, rides much better at the recommended 38PSI. Only things it doesn't have is the smokers group and the tie downs put the rest on it or in it. Got it home and took off the bumper extensions.

Finally departed the dealership at 1230, brought it home and loaded it up for plans that were already made for the weekend. Put over 1000 miles on it, and am betting 400 of those were dirt roads. We used everything but the lockers, those are going to get used this weekend, IF we feel we need it. During all the off pavement excursions nothing really taxed this beast. We did have a few rocky and off camber areas but the jeep felt very stable. My wife commented several times how this Wrangler is so much better and solid than our 2019 JLUR. Used the front camera through one sticky spot, like the tire path being displayed, gave a good sense of where we were pointed.

Did have to put on a show of HP the other day, two laid back dudes in a 1990's firebird were getting froggy. Selected the performance exhaust while we were sitting at the stop light, next, blew by them on the interstate as if they were standing still. Guess people don't expect JLUR's to git up and go like that.

Was absolutely shocked that we averaged about 18MPG for the trip.

Jeep Wrangler JL Another new arrival 1653609598418
Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Nice looking Jeep!

(Edit: Donā€™t bother reading my comments any further if you are already familiar with this feature, Iā€™m just bored today and felt like typing, lol )

Anyway, if you havenā€™t already tried it, donā€™t forget to turn on the OffRoad + button next time youā€™re feeling frisky at a stop light.

And you can also leave it on if you prefer the higher revs and shift points, and faster shifts as well.

Itā€™s kinda like ā€œsport modeā€ that you find on some sports cars.

Itā€™s even more awesome with the loud exhaust button on because itā€™s crazy loud and raspy when it shifts gears, and crackles and pops like a true sports car when your decelerating.
(I have an ear to ear grin every time it does that when Iā€™m rolling up to a stop! šŸ˜)

Helpful tip: You can adjust what your touchscreen displays when you turn on Offroad + in your settings menu.

One last thing to noteā€¦
OffRoad+ does turn off stability control by default when you engage it, (youā€™ll see the little orange indicator on your dash showing it as disengaged) but you can manually turn just the stability control back on via the stability control button if you like the extra peace of mind.

Thatā€™s all I got! Congrats, and enjoy your new Jeep!

(This concludes todays lesson in ā€œCool things your 392 can do that you might not knowā€! šŸ˜„)

Hope it was helpful!
-Rob

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Only 52 psi? Did they forget the green ā€œnitrogenā€ caps too?

Congrats!

tk1700

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Altitude, 2021 JLUR, 2016 Tundra
Nice looking Jeep!

(Edit: Donā€™t bother reading my comments any further if you are already familiar with this feature, Iā€™m just bored today and felt like typing, lol )

Anyway, if you havenā€™t already tried it, donā€™t forget to turn on the OffRoad + button next time youā€™re feeling frisky at a stop light.

And you can also leave it on if you prefer the higher revs and shift points, and faster shifts as well.

Itā€™s even more awesome with the loud exhaust button on because itā€™s crazy loud and raspy when it shifts gears, and crackles and pops like a true sports car when your decelerating.
(I have an ear to ear grin every time it does that when Iā€™m rolling up to a stop! šŸ˜)

Helpful tip: You can adjust what your touchscreen displays when you turn on Offroad + in your settings menu.

OffRoad+ does turn off stability control by default when you engage it, (youā€™ll see the little orange indicator on your dash showing it as disengaged) but you can manually turn just the stability control back on via the stability control button if you like the extra peace of mind.

(This concludes todays lesson in ā€œCool things your 392 can do that you might not knowā€! šŸ˜„)

Hope it was helpful!
-Rob
Are you driving in 4WD all the time?

OFF ROAD+ ā€” IF EQUIPPED
Off Road+ Switch
When activated, Off Road+ is designed to improve the user experience when using specific Off Road driving modes. To activate Off Road+, push the Off Road+ switch in the switch bank. The vehicleā€™s performance will improve depending on which Four-Wheel Drive (4WD) mode is activated.

Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit

Off Road+ Switch
When activated, Off Road+ is designed to improve the user experience when using specific Off Road driving modes. To activate Off Road+, push the Off Road+ switch in the switch bank. The vehicleā€™s performance will improve depending on which Four-Wheel Drive (4WD) mode is activated.
392 does not have 2WD.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Refers to being in 4-Hi or 4-Low

Off-road+behaves differently if in hi vs low.

4-Hi: Snappier throttle response and holds gears a bit higher in rev range

4-Low: Smooths throttle input for crawling.
ā€œAre you driving in 4WD all the time?ā€

I was referring to this question.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!

Off Road+ Switch
Yup, like Steve mentioned above, the 392 doesn't have 2 wheel drive. Just 4-Hi, 4 Auto, and 4-low.

OP
OP

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Nice looking Jeep!

Hope it was helpful!
-Rob
Thank you Rob. I did not know this.
Sponsored